• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Coronavirus COVID-19

Jasonb   
1 hour ago, r.bartlett said:

Hi guys

Lockdown and I mean a proper lockdown is here till 26th April. Then a slow release. However no tourists till October so the island is basically fooked.

Last year there was a conversation about Tenerife shedding it's Blackpool in the sun image. Being cynical with no tourists now would be an excellent time to wipe out all the tacky bars and restaurants in one foul swoop.

The Spanish well I won't say too much but most Brits here think they are lovely and some genuinely are but we are hated here in the main. Or at best very reluctantly tolerated

The island was built by gangsters thugs villain's etc in the 80's it was like the wild west, there was massive corruption and most of the mayor's enjoyed a very nice lifestyle thank you very much..it got so bad Madrid sent over special forces to deal with it. 

But  what's left they don't like either. It's pretty tacky bars 

Sure they love the money but if you haven't got an income you're not losing anything so it's all to gain And Tenerife like Spain is economically stone dead. 

So why not start with a clean slate.

The g.ment has said it will support businesses and employees but the Spanish have buracracy down to a fine art. I have for example,  applied for a new licence for work. I am using a local lawyer and my accountant is Spanish. Every t and I have been crossed or dotted. They have every document they need. No problem

14 months later I am still waiting.

My mate went to court against a fine by the Guardia. The judge agreed it was a mistake and awarded him the money and damages. 5 years later he still hasn't had the money. It's not even the police's money but they still keep coming up with delays and excuses.. and all you get it the Tenerife  "no se" shrug ( I don't know) 

So today I hear the 200 billion the president said would be made available is now deemed not to exist. A fantasy said to appease the people. 

I am expecting carnage here and all the other Brit resorts in Spain as people realise whilst you may love Spain,  Spain doesn't love you

It's going to be very tense over the next 12 months .. more as it comes in 

I believe the word gofer comes from Spain and the reasoning I heard was you used them to get bureaucracy moving.

Good luck with everything there.

One thing I read a long time ago about depressions was the claim it was best to be in your own country as often minority groups can be targeted. 

4 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

You just have to look up the public responses to the aid - and ignore the anonymous quotes.  Of course it generally means reading to the end of the articles.

To be honest I’ve read very little on this particular subject.

I've seen the headlines that Italy feel abandoned by the EU.

I suppose it has allowed China the perfect opportunity for some much needed positive PR.

How the Italians react will be interesting though, I'm presuming from what you’re saying it has been positive. I’d be surprised if it won everyone over though, but gradual steps I suppose.

1 hour ago, Jonny_CFC said:

I've seen the headlines that Italy feel abandoned by the EU.

Schengen internal borders are pretty much closed, and it has not been a good time for those that believe they are the leaders of the world.

Ham   
6 hours ago, Tammy's right foot said:

Deluded much?

china.jpg

You must be very well connected in the west and in Beijing to be able to dismiss theories from the comfort of your living room this early in developments.

What is your evidence that China alerted the WHO and other world leaders as soon as they were aware?

Do you know how and where this virus originated? If not, how can you rule anything in or out?

Concerns me just how quickly some on here are to defend China before the evidence is unearthed. 

(Fully aware that DWMH will respond before you do with some cryptic invitation to find something misdirectiony)

46 minutes ago, Ham said:

You must be very well connected in the west and in Beijing to be able to dismiss theories from the comfort of your living room this early in developments.

I would suggest that anyone who has supported Chelsea for a decade or so would know how to dismiss this hogswash immediately.

47 minutes ago, Ham said:

Do you know how and where this virus originated? If not, how can you rule anything in or out?

Quite - and anyone pointing fingers is to be shouted down at once, I'm sure you'd agree.  Not sure if you are aware just who is making the wholly unsubstantiated claims here.  

47 minutes ago, Ham said:

Concerns me just how quickly some on here are to defend China before the evidence is unearthed. 

??  Because you want a free shot at China without anyone interfering??
Seriously Ham you need to have a good think about how you are being sucked in by professional distorters of the media.  

Ham   
21 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I would suggest that anyone who has supported Chelsea for a decade or so would know how to dismiss this hogswash immediately.

Misdirection right there. Predicted that. 

Quite - and anyone pointing fingers is to be shouted down at once, I'm sure you'd agree.  Not sure if you are aware just who is making the wholly unsubstantiated claims here.  

No.  TRF declared the allegations deluded. A blanket denial is an unsubstantiated claim in itself.  

??  Because you want a free shot at China without anyone interfering??

I'll ask the questions of you then. Why so quick to defend? What's your evidence against?

Seriously Ham you need to have a good think about how you are being sucked in by professional distorters of the media.  

Are you qualified to say what's being distorted in Beijing or anywhere else from your bunker in Poland? Who's sucking you in for you to have such strong opinions one way or the other?

Stim   

Meanwhile on my side of the world

We were put under strict lockdown on the 26th of March. All numbers government reported. 11 Deaths

image.thumb.png.7cfa9640dff8124a3bfba48e97c6d18d.png

10 hours ago, Ham said:

So weird for a take-down clickbait article to also be so ... Cowardly? 

I mean, why include a paragraph that says ...

"Mourinho, Sanchez, Ndombele and Sessegnon all live locally to Hadley Common where they were all pictured on Tuesday and Mirror Sport understands that social distancing was respected"

... alongside this picture, ffs.

0_Tottenham-players-Davinson-Sanchez-and-Ryan-Sessegnon-running-on-Monken-Hadley-Common-Image-Twitte.jpg