• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Coronavirus COVID-19

Ahhhh .. that puts a different complexion on it. But I’d never eat one out of choice. Those big adoring eyes ... thought of making myself ill, but a bit late for that. Can we change the subject please? I’m starting to feel queasy, even though it was back in 2004. 

Frank is very good at media stuff, always very measured and diplomatic. I'd love to know what his unfettered thoughts on a PL return are. Same goes for most managers and players, actually. I wonder if there's much of a consensus between them.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/may/02/premier-league-restart-chelsea-frank-Lampard-nhs-coronavirus-testing

2 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

Frank is very good at media stuff, always very measured and diplomatic. I'd love to know what his unfettered thoughts on a PL return are. Same goes for most managers and players, actually. I wonder if there's much of a consensus between them.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/may/02/premier-league-restart-chelsea-frank-Lampard-nhs-coronavirus-testing

What’s interesting about that interview is Frank confirms that there have been no conversations with managers and players yet. So all this talk from the media about clubs being committed to finishing the season yet they have not had any conversations with the players?

His comment about there being at least 70 to 80 staff at Cobham when training also reiterates the fact it’s not just players that would need testing and would be out at risk.

Frank sums it up best with the ‘football shouldn’t come before NHS’ line though, his common sense seems way out of sync with many others thoughts from the football world.

The latest thing I read about the desperate attempt to finish the league was that it should be completed in Perth down under.  Reason being that covid isn't an issue there!! They have 4 stadiums and Perth quite fancy the PR of finishing Premier league for us. Someine tell this is bollocks and will never happen.

bert19   
7 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

The latest thing I read about the desperate attempt to finish the league was that it should be completed in Perth down under.  Reason being that covid isn't an issue there!! They have 4 stadiums and Perth quite fancy the PR of finishing Premier league for us. Someine tell this is bollocks and will never happen.

Take 20 PL squads plus however many officials, employees, medical teams etc and that will change within about 36 hours though

On 5/1/2020 at 10:34 PM, East Lower said:

Used to hate it, but having worked with Irishmen in the power supply industry (alright digging flippin great big holes and putting big damn cables in them) for the last 35 years - if you didn't conform you were not included, particularly being non-irish back in the early 80's and that included 'breakfast', you got a taste for it. There's a white pudding for those that object too much to the ingredients of the black version. I do try not to indulge, but occasionally nostalgia gets the better of me.

On the second point, I agree - I can only dream of home made bread and home made ice-cream - Mrs EL has many good points, culinary skills aren't amongst them, self acknowledged so I'm not speaking out of turn there. Although she does turn out a really decent banana, walnut & honey loaf/cake. Chara is also right in saying that American bread is pretty dire.

Another odd thing is that the lockdown seems to have created a wave of home baking, certainly in my area of Surrey anyways. Pot luck getting any sort of flour, even now.

On the subject of Black pudding.. 

Over here in Tenerife we have a sweet black pudding with almonds. If you're ever this way I do recommend it 

13 hours ago, bert19 said:

Take 20 PL squads plus however many officials, employees, medical teams etc and that will change within about 36 hours though

And what about Championship? If we finish our PL they must finish theirs too ( relegation and promotion issues).

Sciatika   

Loaf in the Time of Corona

loaf.thumb.jpg.53f13900d3ae5270af8e55673baf4648.jpg

• Like 1

chara   
5 hours ago, Sciatika said:

Loaf in the Time of Corona

loaf.thumb.jpg.53f13900d3ae5270af8e55673baf4648.jpg

Wow...that looks good whichever way you slice it!!