• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Coronavirus COVID-19

43 minutes ago, Stim said:

edit: nvm not really a point I want to defend

I'm curious now!

Talk that League 1 and League 2 are close to agreeing a points-per-game, with weighting given to remaining home fixtures, resolution to their season. Different circumstances in that there are bigger variations in how many games each clubs have played and more practically in that some clubs will struggle even if allowed to complete fixtures given their financial difficulties, but worth keeping an eye on.

Stim   
2 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

I'm curious now!

It's just a bit boo hoo the poor footballers have to go to work. Where they will be in strictly controlled environments and constantly tested. They aren't going to war. So many of us plebs just have to get on with it. I'm just not really keen on getting into it because the discourse has devolved into this basically meaning I WANT THEM DEAD.

TV revenues will be good because its sport, something to watch, a distraction. Might get a bit depro with the silence of no crowd (feeling like pre season games I guess). Will see how Germany's goes. They are expecting to resume this weekend right

Edited by Stim

Just now, Stim said:

It's just a bit boo hoo the poor footballers have to go to work. Where they will be in strictly controlled environments and constantly tested. They aren't going to war. So many of us plebs just have to get on with it.

Absolutely - hardly going to work on the underground, is it?  Or teaching 30 infectious kids at infants school.  

9 minutes ago, Stim said:

It's just a bit boo hoo the poor footballers have to go to work. Where they will be in strictly controlled environments and constantly tested. They aren't going to war. So many of us plebs just have to get on with it. I'm just not really keen on getting into it because the discourse has devolved into this basically meaning I WANT THEM DEAD. 

You MONSTER. 

I'm with you to a degree. My concerns are more that I can't see how the resumption of PL football won't endanger the health of thousands more people than just the footballers themselves. 

Stim   
12 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

You MONSTER. 

I'm with you to a degree. My concerns are more that I can't see how the resumption of PL football won't endanger the health of thousands more people than just the footballers themselves. 

Yeah it might put a bit too much faith in peoples common sense.

Ironically the reason liverpool want it resumed so badly is a huge reason not to resume it.

Just hand the title to Liverpool. They are already the VAR champions,  being remembered as the VAR and Corona champions would really cap it off for me personally. 

32 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Just hand the title to Liverpool. They are already the VAR champions,  being remembered as the VAR and Corona champions would really cap it off for me personally. 

I'm pretty sure Manure have walked away with the VAR title. They certainly jumped ahead with their VAR -victory at the Bridge, with about 6 decisions in their favour that night.

Whatever happens, if they win the league it will not be the same.

I quite like the idea of them winning it during all this as it will not mean anything. Whatever the powers that be come up with to try and finish the league this season ended weeks ago. They can do whatever they want to make sure Liverpool are crowned champions, they will always be the team that never won the league properly. 

At some point in time they were going to win the league again, it's much better them doing it this year than any other. 

10 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Whatever happens, if they win the league it will not be the same.

I quite like the idea of them winning it during all this as it will not mean anything. Whatever the powers that be come up with to try and finish the league this season ended weeks ago. They can do whatever they want to make sure Liverpool are crowned champions, they will always be the team that never won the league properly. 

At some point in time they were going to win the league again, it's much better them doing it this year than any other. 

Agree. They can dress it up however they want, it doesn’t count as a real PL title.