• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Coronavirus COVID-19

JaneB   

Nice to reminisce but not sure what any of this has to do with Covid-19?

The point started about Div.2 clubs being disadvantaged by Covid, and their importance as the bedrock of English football. However, I got a bit carried away reminiscing about the only time I saw Cambridge play Chelsea, for which my apologies, Jane. Bloody good match though.

• Like 1

JaneB   

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52726278

ffs (excuse my language)

How on earth can clubs prepare to re-start the season under these circumstances?  Madness.

14 minutes ago, JaneB said:

ffs (excuse my language)

How on earth can clubs prepare to re-start the season under these circumstances?  Madness.

Mate , Liverpool MUST win the league regardless of who falls by the wayside .

JaneB   
1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Mate , Liverpool MUST win the league regardless of who falls by the wayside .

Oh of course, silly me!!!  I just can't get that fact to take residence in my thick skull.

chara   
1 hour ago, JaneB said:

ffs (excuse my language)

I of course am shocked at the language!.....but with you 100% Jane.....it's really "done"....lets just start afresh hopefully with a new season..... no real football follower gives a hoot about whether Liverpool "get" the title...give it to them and move on...remember really "IT'S ONLY A GAME!!!"

JaneB   

Yes sorry about the language Chara, I know you've led a very sheltered existence 😉

chara   
6 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Yes sorry about the language Chara, I know you've led a very sheltered existence 😉

Thank you Jane...some of us are just a bit more sensitive than others and life hasn't really prepared me for the rough and tumble of this forum!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Can you imagine if we get close to a comeback and a team has 5 key players unavailable as they're in quarantine? Playing so many matches without fans is already bringing the integrity of the league into question (home advantage before Covid vs home advantage during Covid) but continuing to try to play when there are players and staff testing positive is money-drenched madness.

• Like 1

chara   
2 hours ago, chiswickblue said:

Can you imagine if we get close to a comeback and a team has 5 key players unavailable as they're in quarantine? Playing so many matches without fans is already bringing the integrity of the league into question (home advantage before Covid vs home advantage during Covid) but continuing to try to play when there are players and staff testing positive is money-drenched madness.

Now Now CB...that is far too sensible an observation....get with the programme.....play the games and crown Liverpool Champions...any illness is unimportant.

If any player/official/manager etc takes home an infection and someone close goes down with it that is really just part of the "game"