• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Coronavirus COVID-19

chara   
56 minutes ago, fillerywhereru said:

...., the whole integrity of the competitions went as soon as the equivalent of a pre season was spent without playing. 

And so they force a finish to this season..How does next season work then? what if a second wave of Corona stops the season in say November? will they be so anxious to complete that season? if so when with a Euro to fit in? Makes you wonder if there is big money riding on Liverpool being champions, VAR certainly did its bit by nobbling City and giving Liverpool some favourable decisions...

Integrity?.........the whole concept is pointless..no pun.....will anyone really care about the finishing outcomes?.....most park players...not meant as demeaning...surely have experienced "double headers" to finish a season?...two half hour each way games if lucky against two different sides..if not a grind against the same side....most of the enjoyment taken from the games and a relief when all done...shades of all that as games just get "done".

A DISGRACE....

23 minutes ago, chara said:

Integrity?.........the whole concept is pointless..no pun.....will anyone really care about the finishing outcomes?.....most park players...not meant as demeaning...surely have experienced "double headers" to finish a season?...two half hour each way games if lucky against two different sides..if not a grind against the same side....most of the enjoyment taken from the games and a relief when all done...shades of all that as games just get "done".

A DISGRACE....

Indeed and when you see that not only empty stadiums but neutral stadiums too..for instance had Liverpool played Everton at Goodison and with a full partisan home crowd I would say there's a huge chance of them not winning. Play the game at... say Villa Park and it will feel like a totally different match. So any sense of this being meaningful goes out the window it may as well be a training game means nothing.

Ham   
3 hours ago, Stim said:

I read that that was 'being discussed' along with liverpool and everton playing at neutral venues. Don't think it's a definite yet though

For example there is stuff going around like:

So don't think a decision has been made yet.

Liverpool benefit from every one of these 👆

JaneB   
3 hours ago, fillerywhereru said:

Is that more to do with the risk of crowds gathering? that some stadiums take more police to block off than others? I do agree it's a farce though, the whole integrity of the competitions went as soon as the equivalent of a pre season was spent without playing. 

And so they force a finish to this season..How does next season work then? what if a second wave of Corona stops the season in say November? will they be so anxious to complete that season? if so when with a Euro to fit in? Makes you wonder if there is big money riding on Liverpool being champions, VAR certainly did its bit by nobbling City and giving Liverpool some favourable decisions...

This season has been completely compromised.  And no one has yet explained to me when and how next season will be starting.  There is apparently a provisional end date for this season of the 25th July and then the new season will commence on the 8th August.  That's no time for anything.  

Even if Chelsea had been top 25 points clear, I wouldn't have wanted to win the title like this.  It's easy to say but I really wouldn't.  

Now the Daily Heil are reporting that far from "all the games being free" as was trumpeted on a daily basis by the restart the season brigade it will actually cost £117 in satellite TV fees to see them .

I'm really starting to feel had over by everyone . 

chara   
10 minutes ago, JaneB said:

10 minutes ago, JaneB said:

This season has been completely compromised.  And no one has yet explained to me when and how next season will be starting.  There is apparently a provisional end date for this season of the 25th July and then the new season will commence on the 8th August.  That's no time for anything.  

Even if Chelsea had been top 25 points clear, I wouldn't have wanted to win the title like this.  It's easy to say but I really wouldn't.  

Spot on Jane...reeks of self interest and for once not pointing at Liverpool.....most "value" lost from title....bit like being awarded a gold medal years later when the original gold winner is disgraced or penalised..... only the recipient maybe really cares but knows it's devalued....and what about the "nothing" games...mid table ain't going down and ain't gonna win anything...waste of time and still..remember?..dangerous.

JaneB   
34 minutes ago, chara said:

Spot on Jane...reeks of self interest and for once not pointing at Liverpool.....most "value" lost from title....bit like being awarded a gold medal years later when the original gold winner is disgraced or penalised..... only the recipient maybe really cares but knows it's devalued....and what about the "nothing" games...mid table ain't going down and ain't gonna win anything...waste of time and still..remember?..dangerous.

Thanks Chara.  And on your last point, I'm not convinced we're out of the woods yet.  I haven't stayed home (apart from essentials) for 2 months just to rush out and put myself at risk again by going mad!!  

chara   
4 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Thanks Chara.  And on your last point, I'm not convinced we're out of the woods yet.  I haven't stayed home (apart from essentials) for 2 months just to rush out and put myself at risk again by going mad!!  

Yep....to quote the everwise Mrs C..."Like stopping antibiotics before the course finished because of feeling "better"..."...Memorial Day last Monday and the road up from town almost a parking lot on Friday..lunacy....snow through the weekend and the road through South Park closed....the revenge of the sensible as many retreated back down Sunday morning..Colorado is in a "safer at home" mode with recommendations of not recreating more than ten miles from home ..we are minimum of thirty five miles from flatland "civilization"..duh...and Park County total so far 23..with only three outstanding cases....

.Can't fix stupid.......

• Like 1

JaneB   
2 hours ago, chara said:

Yep....to quote the everwise Mrs C..."Like stopping antibiotics before the course finished because of feeling "better"..."...Memorial Day last Monday and the road up from town almost a parking lot on Friday..lunacy....snow through the weekend and the road through South Park closed....the revenge of the sensible as many retreated back down Sunday morning..Colorado is in a "safer at home" mode with recommendations of not recreating more than ten miles from home ..we are minimum of thirty five miles from flatland "civilization"..duh...and Park County total so far 23..with only three outstanding cases....

.Can't fix stupid.......

As ever, Mrs. C. has it exactly right.