• Current Donation Goals

King Kante

Favourite Chelsea Matches

1 hour ago, Leo91 said:

Lost to QPR at home and lost to Corinthians. It was pretty bad.

Finished 3rd and won a European trophy.

I wasn't a happy bunny at all and I'm glad his being here has faded to an obscure memory for me, but in terms of results he was a very long way off 'pretty bad'.

Ham   
16 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

I wasn't a happy bunny at all and I'm glad his being here has faded to an obscure memory for me, but in terms of results he was a very long way off 'pretty bad'.

Agreed.  I'd go as far as to say I started to warm to him after the EL win.  

David Webb didn’t win much though he did say he would have built the team around Eddie newton.. 

I did have to look up the below but we have 2 managers with a 100% win record Wilkins (I remembered) and Steve Holland (I didn’t) and 1 with 0 % and 0 goals in bobby Gould (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Chelsea_F.C._managers)

1 hour ago, Ham said:

Agreed.  I'd go as far as to say I started to warm to him after the EL win.  

Then or a couple of games later.

Leo91   
2 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

The team could have coached itself to a 3rd place finish. Very much a Avram Grant type of season. 

11 hours ago, Leo91 said:

The team could have coached itself to a 3rd place finish. Very much a Avram Grant type of season. 

Silliness. That team made it into a CL qualification spot by literally one win. One. It was an embryonic team; still some top quality and proven players, but also largely players who were over their elite peak and those recently joined who weren't there yet.

No sensible comparison to be made with the 2007/2008 superstar first XI team, who were more like one win away from winning the CL.

I absolutely, viscerally dislike Benitez. We've had much worse managers. Play the ball, not the man.

• Like 1

bert19   

Today is the 22nd anniversary of the Chelsea vs Vicenza  European Cup Winners' Cup Semi-Final 2nd Leg at Stamford Bridge.  

Seem to remember that ending up as a pretty decent evening.  

2 hours ago, King Kante said:

Here is a match for today;

Interesting.  One of the closest 4-0's I can recall, no harm in that.  I think at least 3 of our goals came from rebounds off keeper, post or Carragher (who had an atrocious match as he often did against Chelsea).  Cudicini was stand out Motm, though Hasselbaink was excellent too.
Quite surprised to hear the commentator bias to Liverpool was if anything stronger then than now.

3 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Interesting.  One of the closest 4-0's I can recall, no harm in that.  I think at least 3 of our goals came from rebounds off keeper, post or Carragher (who had an atrocious match as he often did against Chelsea).  Cudicini was stand out Motm, though Hasselbaink was excellent too.
Quite surprised to hear the commentator bias to Liverpool was if anything stronger then than now.

Yeah, I like this game as it is not at all reflective of the actual game and because the Dippers were on the receiving end. Further, it is the only 4-0+ game I know of where the winning teams GK got the MotM.