• Current Donation Goals

King Kante

Favourite Chelsea Matches

bert19   
37 minutes ago, chiswickblue said:

I'm sure that Guddy's shot was over the line before Ashley cleared it! It's amazing that we won a match with Ambrosio in goal.

Seriously though, how did Eidur miss? Had the whole goal to aim at.  I'll forgive him as he provided the nutmeg assist for Bridge's goal, but he'd have looked a proper wally if we hadn't gone on to win. 

What a night that was though.  I was in a pub in Carshalton with my Uncle and it was about 95% Chelsea.  Beer everywhere when Bridge's goal went in - mouthy Gooners in one corner went very quiet in that second half.  Brilliant

12 hours ago, King Kante said:

I started watching football properly in 2000-2001. We never beat Arsenal until this game, and we drew them in the FA Cup every season leading up to it as well. 

This moment was utter bliss after going through all that. 

That's why I'll never ever take for granted the number we've had over them during the Roman Era. It will never ever get old. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bert19 said:

Seriously though, how did Eidur miss? Had the whole goal to aim at.  I'll forgive him as he provided the nutmeg assist for Bridge's goal, but he'd have looked a proper wally if we hadn't gone on to win. 

What a night that was though.  I was in a pub in Carshalton with my Uncle and it was about 95% Chelsea.  Beer everywhere when Bridge's goal went in - mouthy Gooners in one corner went very quiet in that second half.  Brilliant

As much as I love Eidur, he did love a big miss. His one at Anfield in the 05 CL Semi still has me waking up in cold sweats. 

14 hours ago, King Kante said:

As much as I love Eidur, he did love a big miss. His one at Anfield in the 05 CL Semi still has me waking up in cold sweats. 

That moment is still burned to my memory, the sharp pain in the gut as the ball went wide. That was when my nearly 14 year old self just threw myself to the floor, head in hands and started crying. 

Deep down in my soul I still hold on as if that game could be replayed, as if justice could be done. Even just recently I was thinking "well sure they're all older now, if they get all the players out of retirement it would be like the Football Masters tournaments Sky Sports used to do..." 

2005 and 2009 CLs will forever be voided to me. Absolute injustices. Oh and while we're on the subject, the 2017 FA Cup Final and 2019 League Cup Final as well. All of the aforementioned games had VAR moments that would have gone our way. 

Edited by CarefreeMuratcan

Jasonb   
21 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

I started watching football properly in 2000-2001. We never beat Arsenal until this game, and we drew them in the FA Cup every season leading up to it as well. 

This moment was utter bliss after going through all that. 

That's why I'll never ever take for granted the number we've had over them during the Roman Era. It will never ever get old. 

I also felt that was a momentous match for us having not beaten them for so long to go and then to go and do in their place knocking them out of the CL was special.

We showed a lot of heart and determination to get that win. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, King Kante said:

That one was a joke, there was a foul in the build up with one player pushed to the ground, Eidur new this and was expecting a penalty but the referee for some odd reason didn't award it.

Edited by CostaTheBlue

1 hour ago, Jasonb said:

I also felt that was a momentous match for us having not beaten them for so long to go and then to go and do in their place knocking them out of the CL was special.

We showed a lot of heart and determination to get that win. 

Yes a momentous match for both Chelsea and Arsenal. Since that day Chelsea have always been better than Arsenal and we have been the favourites to beat them. It signalled Chelsea's emergence as London's most dominant club and Arsenal's decline.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CostaTheBlue said:

Yes a momentous match for both Chelsea and Arsenal. Since that day Chelsea have always been better than Arsenal and we have been the favourites to beat them. It signalled Chelsea's emergence as London's most dominant club and Arsenal's decline.

It's incredible isn't it. We basically turned them into another Spurs. Complimentary 6 goal victory included.

In fact I think Spurs' record against us is better than Arsenal's in the Roman Era. 

(repeat post from elsewhere, but pretty important too).

Bang on time - It was 50 years ago today - and those guys at ChelseaTV have put up this just 6 hours ago.

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/videos/v/2020/03/22/full-match--chelsea-v-leeds---fa-cup-final-replay-1970-9pY3JlajE6pNlCjyy1BtTvSMtgMikn0T

The Replay.  Compulsory viewing for anyone calling themselves a Chelsea fan.

3 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Bang on time - It was 50 years ago today - and those guys at ChelseaTV have put up this just 6 hours ago.

Sadly this seems to have been taken down.  I don't think I could have put it up in error - I watched a couple of minutes and the url pretty much says what it was.

However; https://www.chelseafc.com/en/videos/v/2020/04/28/watch-live---in-full--bolton-v-chelsea-2005--thursday-april-20---gUM72Cgb

Thursday night streaming of the Bolton 2005 game - 8pm.  No idea if this is a one-off or if they will let us watch it at other times afterwards too.

The full webpage of all current streams is here:  https://www.chelseafc.com/en/videos