• Current Donation Goals

King Kante

Favourite Chelsea Matches

Just now, Backbiter said:

As you say, it was under Shellito, who only managed us in Div 1 and was sacked later that season in order to give the clueless Danny Blanchflower the privilege of taking us down.

Yeah, but to be fair, Shellito was pretty clueless too.  Eddie Mac was the man.

3 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

No arguments from me there.

chara   
43 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Very true but Shellito before his injury was as good a full back as Chelsea have had...Shellito/Eddie Mac great FB pairing....chalk and cheese as managers though!

chara   

Blanchflower, Hurst, Shellito Scolari AVB......Chelsea sure can pick'em when on the mood!

12 minutes ago, chara said:

Blanchflower, Hurst, Shellito Scolari AVB......Chelsea sure can pick'em when on the mood!

Hurst and Scolari were the most infuriating for me.  If I recall right, we lead Div 2 almost all season before slipping down to 4th og GD.  A shameless way to end.
And Scolari had a great team which he was supposed to manage to success as the other great managers we have hired (JM, CA and Conte) all did.
Blanchflower and Shellito were just gambles on a team that was going to struggle whatever without Eddie Mac.
And AVB was brought in to oversee a major rebuild by the scouts.  The rebuild went well, but not AVB.  In many ways that really did not matter and he was a risk the club were willing to take (much like it could take a risk with SFL who has not been given a squad he is expected to win trophies with - yet). 

Ham   
4 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Hurst and Scolari were the most infuriating for me.  If I recall right, we lead Div 2 almost all season before slipping down to 4th og GD.  A shameless way to end.
And Scolari had a great team which he was supposed to manage to success as the other great managers we have hired (JM, CA and Conte) all did.
Blanchflower and Shellito were just gambles on a team that was going to struggle whatever without Eddie Mac.
And AVB was brought in to oversee a major rebuild by the scouts.  The rebuild went well, but not AVB.  In many ways that really did not matter and he was a risk the club were willing to take (much like it could take a risk with SFL who has not been given a squad he is expected to win trophies with - yet). 

When I started going to Chelsea, Hurst was manager and I spent a few weeks convinced that it was;

"Geoffrey, wherever you may be....."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sciatika   

Blanchflower was the low point for me.

17 hours ago, chara said:

And don't forget Rafa Benitez, the worst manager in our entire history.

46 minutes ago, CostaTheBlue said:

And don't forget Rafa Benitez, the worst manager in our entire history.

Just the worst person, not a bad manager.  

11 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Just the worst person, not a bad manager.  

Have to agree.