• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 2 Manchester City 1

JaneB   

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Manchester City at Stamford Bridge, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent. 

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 20.15 hrs. Thursday, 25th June 2020 (Local UK time/date) (Live on BT Sport)

12 minutes ago, Whataloadofballacks said:

City are looking scary tonight...and that's without KDB!

They also just got a penalty that we're not getting in a million years. 

• Like 2

Could it be that we will be king makers this season? Am I right in thinking a win by us and Liverpool beating palace hands the title to Liverpool?

Indeed you are. One of those occasions where I should not mind losing  or a draw (provided we do it with diligence and dignity), and where I shall be rooting for Roy. Wonder what the odds are on us playing the Scousers for the league?

• Like 1

bert19   
11 minutes ago, blue moon said:

Indeed you are. One of those occasions where I should not mind losing  or a draw (provided we do it with diligence and dignity), and where I shall be rooting for Roy. Wonder what the odds are on us playing the Scousers for the league?

It'll be done long before then surely? 

The thought of the guard of honour will be more than enough, don't need their motivation upped by having to win the league that day.  Ideally, we go up there needing a point or something from the last two games to cement 4th (or even 3rd), they've long since won the league, so view the day as a chance to stick it to United by not trying very hard.  

Regarding Thursday: 

I'd go: 

4-2-3-1 

Kepa

Azpi Rudiger Zouma Alonso

Kante Kovacic 

Mount Barkley Pulisic 

Giroud

Actually I thought Palace looked good against an admittedly poor Bournemouth. They will certainly make Liverpool work for it. More importantly thats another tough game we have to negotiate this season.

bert19   
1 minute ago, fillerywhereru said:

Actually I thought Palace looked good against an admittedly poor Bournemouth. They will certainly make Liverpool work for it. More importantly thats another tough game we have to negotiate this season.

True. 

I caught the 2nd half of their game against Bournemouth.  Much as Bournemouth looked poor, I thought Palace's game management and defensive organisation was decent.  Their centre-half, number 24. Almost looked as if he knew what he was doing organising a back four around him? 

paulw66   

At least Aguero is out.....

Would go 3 at the back and pray 

paulw66   
14 minutes ago, fillerywhereru said:

Palace's defence is much more solid that ours. Appreicte they dont attack as much