• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 2 Manchester City 1

chelboy   
1 minute ago, Blue Rod said:

Granted they don't play in the same position, but I would place Jorg way ahead of Mount. Why Mason Mount keeps getting picked is a mystery. At best he is a Championship player. 

Disagree. Mount does a lot of good things but at times he is tunnel visioned. He has to learn to be calm and composed in the final third. He shows his immaturity at times but his overall game is very good. 

• Like 1

Didn’t expect that. Credit to the players. Hung in there. Got lucky with the Sterling chance. But we had our own chances as well. Pulisic was excellent, Willian was tireless, and our defence was solid.  Big three points for us. 

A lot of things I wasn't really happy about, but it was a very very professional performance and we beat the best team in the country.
Well done.
And turn that telly off quick - seen too many red scarves already.

Refs and falling over - this was a team of Grealishes.  Push and fall over was the name of their game.  They wouldn't have scored either of out goals or got to the (excellent) kick off the line by Walker either, as they would have gone down for the free kick rather than go past Mendy, whoever Pulisic beat and de Bruyne early in build up for the pen.
I'm guessing something about no crowd left the ref just be persuaded by City all the time.  VAR made the right decisions.

Some very solid performances by Kepa, both CBs, Azpi, Mount, Willian and especially Pulisic.
Great subs by Kovacic and Abraham (who should have started with his pace).  And we all have seen greatness in the making from Gilmour, but I never thought he could pass might-be match winners like that late pass to Pedro (whose positioning suggests he has played with passers that good before).

A professional performance of the kind we haven't really seen this season, or indeed since 16/17.

48 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

That shot by Mount was something a League 1 player would have done.

Funny thing is how they said the Mount shot was rubbish and the Sterling curler magnificent, when Mount missed by quite a bit less than Sterling.

19 minutes ago, chelboy said:

Gilmour ahead of Jorg as a sub is interesting. Surprised Jorg hasn’t been even brought on today. 

Might be fitness, might be he said something to Frank when he found out he wasn't starting.
Or it might mean he is off next summer - I doubt it though - few have the money other than us.

Leo91   

One thing that glared out to me was Azpi spotting Tammy and he made the wrong run. Got to get better understanding, they need to have a word after the game and discuss where the ball goes in that situation. 

9 minutes ago, chelboy said:

Disagree. Mount does a lot of good things but at times he is tunnel visioned. He has to learn to be calm and composed in the final third. He shows his immaturity at times but his overall game is very good. 

100% agree. I like him