• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 2 Manchester City 1

chelboy   
21 minutes ago, bert19 said:

It'll be done long before then surely? 

The thought of the guard of honour will be more than enough, don't need their motivation upped by having to win the league that day.  Ideally, we go up there needing a point or something from the last two games to cement 4th (or even 3rd), they've long since won the league, so view the day as a chance to stick it to United by not trying very hard.  

Regarding Thursday: 

I'd go: 

4-2-3-1 

Kepa

Azpi Rudiger Zouma Alonso

Kante Kovacic 

Mount Barkley Pulisic 

Giroud

Barkley against City’s pressure would be a disaster. He won’t get time and space on the ball. Maybe bring him on when legs get tired. Also I think Tammy would be better suited than Giroud for this game as City leave space in behind. 

chelboy   
11 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

At least Aguero is out.....

Would go 3 at the back and pray 

A back 3 is what counters City’s strength the best. Wolves and Man u have shown us that. Also I would be worried about leaving Alonso against Mahrez in a back 4.

We might see

Kepa

Zouma Chris Rudiger

Azpi Jorg Kova Mount Alonso

Pulisic Tammy.

James isn’t fit enough to start a game like this after missing the warm up games. Kante and Willian could be rotated for fresh legs. 

1 hour ago, bert19 said:

It'll be done long before then surely? 

The thought of the guard of honour will be more than enough, don't need their motivation upped by having to win the league that day.  Ideally, we go up there needing a point or something from the last two games to cement 4th (or even 3rd), they've long since won the league, so view the day as a chance to stick it to United by not trying very hard.  

Common sense says you're absolutely correct, it's just my eternal optimism hoping against the odds for a repeat of St Stevie's Slip. Palace should be a tough game for them - the Eagles will be up for a battle, and Roy doesn't give up without a fight. 

1 hour ago, bert19 said:

True. 

I caught the 2nd half of their game against Bournemouth.  Much as Bournemouth looked poor, I thought Palace's game management and defensive organisation was decent.  Their centre-half, number 24. Almost looked as if he knew what he was doing organising a back four around him? 

Ha Ha indeed, where do I recognise him from....

It would be rather nice if that nice Mr Hodgson (who just wasnt good enough for a club like LIverpool in their eyes) was able to delay their coronation just a little longer

Win this and we're a point off third. 

Ham   
1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

Win this and we're a point off third. 

No more motivation needed.  

Holymoly   

Hopefully the team's stroll around the park at the weekend was just to lull City into complacency. I'd love to see us wrap up CL qualification at a canter so we're set for next season.

1 hour ago, Ham said:

No more motivation needed.  

Now Spurs won, even more motivation 

Ham   
1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Now Spurs won, even more motivation 

With a little help from VAR and the seemingly optional handball rule.  

paulw66   
9 hours ago, Ham said:

With a little help from VAR and the seemingly optional handball rule.  

Yes, possibly the worst VAR cock up of the season. Clearly hits his arm. No goal. Whether you agree with the rule or not, it is clear. 

Back to us, after City we have a run of games we simply need to win, hopefully leaving the last 2, Wolves and Liverpool, as irrelevant. And we can send WH nearer the drop

• Like 1