• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 2 Manchester City 1

Holymoly   
1 hour ago, JaneB said:

Surely the point about Mount is that Frank rates him very highly and has backed that up by playing him this season.  He's given a young player the chance to grow and develop in the first team which is excellent news for Chelsea.

Anyway I trust Frank implicitly.  It's the least he deserves.  The only moment I wavered is when he sold David Luiz to Arsenal (big mistake...).

I personally think our midfield is always more progressive when Mount plays. Plus he seems to have a personality that will help maintain the Chelsea identity with the fans.

1 hour ago, JaneB said:

Oh #metoo.  Loved the guy.  Flawed as a footballer, as you say, but on his day played some great matches for us and scored some cracking goals.  I wanted him as our captain at one time.

Such a likeable personality and wonderful with young supporters.

Always up front about his 'shortcomings' and I take no delight in his demise. 

His demise no but the club where it is taking place, a definite yes!

JaneB   
13 minutes ago, Super Kenny Monkou said:

His demise no but the club where it is taking place, a definite yes!

Oh absolutely!!  His own fault for going there!!

Jasonb   
2 hours ago, JaneB said:

Anyway I trust Frank implicitly.  It's the least he deserves.  The only moment I wavered is when he sold David Luiz to Arsenal (big mistake...).

Was that your football brain speaking or the part that likes the model looks of David Luiz?

The only issue I had was creativity on the ball and I think we have found that elsewhere 

1 hour ago, JaneB said:

Oh #metoo.  Loved the guy.  Flawed as a footballer, as you say, but on his day played some great matches for us and scored some cracking goals.  I wanted him as our captain at one time.

Such a likeable personality and wonderful with young supporters.

Always up front about his 'shortcomings' and I take no delight in his demise. 

Hmm I don't get the impression he was as committed or 'one of us' as his geezer character would imply

Wild celebrations after scoring against us at PSG. Moving to Arsenal. Falling out with at least one manager. The finger pointing on the pitch when he was clearly to blame.

That being said great transfer overall, the fees received equal the fees paid out so he worked out as a free transfer. We definitely had all his best years and won some titles together. I don't necessarily have a negative view on him, just not as enamoured as some others.

• Like 1

Ham   

Sky Sports, as you are all aware, care deeply about the fight against covid19.

Also Sky Sports whilst talking to Klopp "Mass celebrations in the city are understandable"

Also not bothered about all players gathering against government advice to watch the game and celebrate into the small hours. (More than 6 people and more than 2 households)

Can't wait to hear their views on defunding the police, breaking up of the nuclear family and general anarchy because they're also fiercely committed to BLM according to their opening and closing credits.

1 hour ago, Holymoly said:

I personally think our midfield is always more progressive when Mount plays. Plus he seems to have a personality that will help maintain the Chelsea identity with the fans.

It is also more solid than when anyone but Kovacic plays No8.  And the front 5 press much better with him.

31 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Wild celebrations after scoring against us at PSG.

Good for him - it is precisely what I would expect. 

5 minutes ago, Ham said:

Not sure where you are going here.  Pefectly valid points, but they have all been dick heads for decades.  I mean you might as well tell Stevie Me to let the DJ put on the records or ask Sky to bring back Richard Keys.

JaneB   
3 hours ago, Jasonb said:

Was that your football brain speaking or the part that likes the model looks of David Luiz?

Oh dear Jason, that's quite patronising 🙄

David Luiz is easy on the eye yes but that's not why I was drawn to him.

I can think of plenty of 'model look' footballers who are idiots and bigheads with no discernible brain cells.

It doesn't matter what a man looks like (as long as he looks after himself). A working brain, engaging personality and a kind and honest heart go a long way 😇

On Luiz. An unbelievable player on his day and we were probably the perfect club for him in that he was usually in a very organised team surrounded with disciplined players. Even last season he was very good alongside Rudiger who was the ideal partner to cover any mistakes with his pace.

One thing we have majorly missed this season is his aerial ability, especially from set-pieces. The home game against City last year he was an absolute collosus. The Arsenal move though looked a disaster from the get go. You put Luiz in a team full of indisciplined rash players such as Xhaka, Guendouzi, Mustafi, Torreira, ect and you will see his worse tendencies get out of control. Add to this his ever declining pace and it is a recipe for disaster. Jose once he would love a team of Azpilicuetas but you certainly wouldn't want a team of Luiz's. One however can be brilliant in the right set-up. 

Edited by Willian Dollar Baby

4 hours ago, Ham said:

Also Sky Sports whilst talking to Klopp "Mass celebrations in the city are understandable"

Also not bothered about all players gathering against government advice to watch the game and celebrate into the small hours. (More than 6 people and more than 2 households)

Can't wait to hear their views on defunding the police, breaking up of the nuclear family and general anarchy because they're also fiercely committed to BLM according to their opening and closing credits.

Ham don't start me on this. I just spent my whole day batting away marxist on another local forum. They are the first to kick Cummings in the nuts, first to call 3 people sitting in a park sick scum and yet 10,000 people on what was essentially a marxist rally (although tbf many didn't know it at the time) was absolutely fine and dandy ...and thats putting aside the riots, attacks on police, looting and desecration of our capitals monuments. 

• Like 1