• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 2 Manchester City 1

Recommended Posts

bert19   
2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Back to us, after City we have a run of games we simply need to win, hopefully leaving the last 2, Wolves and Liverpool, as irrelevant. And we can send WH nearer the drop

What are the odds of West Ham sacking Moyes before we play them next week and doing what Everton did after they sacked Silva and Big Dunc had an almost Class A substance like boost on them?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Yes, possibly the worst VAR cock up of the season. Clearly hits his arm. No goal. Whether you agree with the rule or not, it is clear. 

 

Back to us, after City we have a run of games we simply need to win, hopefully leaving the last 2, Wolves and Liverpool, as irrelevant. And we can send WH nearer the drop

What a delicious thought that is. As a fan of a certain vintage I see them far more as rivals than Man Utd or Liverpool to name but two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
1 hour ago, bert19 said:

What are the odds of West Ham sacking Moyes before we play them next week and doing what Everton did after they sacked Silva and Big Dunc had an almost Class A substance like boost on them?

 

Almost a racing effing certainty. Even if they don't you know they will turn up against us. 

26 minutes ago, fillerywhereru said:

What a delicious thought that is. As a fan of a certain vintage I see them far more as rivals than Man Utd or Liverpool to name but two.

Liverpool will remain top of my hated tree for a long, long, time but I have to say, the thought of seeing WH playing in the Championship in front of about 6 fans in their massive council house stadium does seem almost too good. I genuinely think they would struggle to come back quickly.  

 

Mind you, Bournemouth can dissapear too. 

Edited by paulw66

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, bert19 said:

What are the odds of West Ham sacking Moyes before we play them next week and doing what Everton did after they sacked Silva and Big Dunc had an almost Class A substance like boost on them?

No - we remain one of the better clubs - you sack the manager after Chelsea to give the new guy a better start.
Newcastle, Burnley, Watford, Norwich,   They are the games to give the new guy.

If anything Moyes will be a dead man walking against us, no incentive for anyone to perform (though it seems a bit early to me)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Almost a racing effing certainty. Even if they don't you know they will turn up against us. 

Liverpool will remain top of my hated tree for a long, long, time but I have to say, the thought of seeing WH playing in the Championship in front of about 6 fans in their massive council house stadium does seem almost too good. I genuinely think they would struggle to come back quickly.  

 

Mind you, Bournemouth can dissapear too. 

Yes Bournemouth please. I bet their players are all bemoaning they have already played us!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, charlie_sw69 said:

Pep saying he will rest some of his star players. Mentioned Gundogan up front even. I still expect Jesus to play.

Brightened my evening up. Would seriously depress our rivals getting 3 points tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So beating City would give Liverpool the title....ouch but they have won it anyway so lets do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

So beating City would give Liverpool the title....ouch but they have won it anyway so lets do it.

Indeed I would never want to lose a game to stop someone else anyway. Even a point is enough to do it and still helps our cause

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
7 minutes ago, fillerywhereru said:

Indeed I would never want to lose a game to stop someone else anyway. Even a point is enough to do it and still helps our cause

Agreed. A point would do. Means we have maintained the gap after getting City out of the way, and before a run of "easier" fixtures

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.