• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 2 Manchester City 1

And we can always console ourselves that we get the chance to end their streak at Anfield ...

Win or draw tonight for me in the coming days reading of the papers in a no no.

The sports editors have ready their pages of homage of the dippers winning the title, I doubt there would be more than a couple of paragraphs on the match itself.

1 minute ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

The sports editors have ready their pages of homage of the dippers winning the title, I doubt there would be more than a couple of paragraphs on the match itself.

I do get it they are all ageing and grew up in the times when they were doing well. We need a new breed of journalists to be coming through that supported someone blue.

Jasonb   
2 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

I do get it they are all ageing and grew up in the times when they were doing well. We need a new breed of journalists to be coming through that supported someone blue.

That will likely be either Everton or City then.

paulw66   
8 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Have to say, one of the positives of the lockdown is how much "easier" (less appalling) it will be when they win the league. No presentation at Anfield, YNWA, and about 50,000 mentions of Hilsborough victims (nothing about Heysel).....wheeling out John Fatty Barnes to talk about discrimination, and how Liverpool un-furloughing their staff just showed what a brilliant club and comunity they are.........

Telly off. Social media blakcout. Stay indoors. 

9 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

Yes the clear influence of them at Sky/BBC/The Guardian is very tiresome. I blame that generation of glory hunter liverpool fans from the home counties directly for the negative portrayal of Chelsea (and now CIty) in the media

In a way us winning them the title makes it even more of a damp squib. They will be sat at home watching it on telly whatsapping each other, not even allowed to gather together to watch it. No great fanfare, nobody gets to score the goal that clinches them the title, then they lift the trophy in an empty stadium in a few days time and there's no parade.

2 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

In a way us winning them the title makes it even more of a damp squib. They will be sat at home watching it on telly whatsapping each other, not even allowed to gather together to watch it. No great fanfare, nobody gets to score the goal that clinches them the title, then they lift the trophy in an empty stadium in a few days time and there's no parade.

And its us, a club that most of their non scouse support despise who have taken it out of their hands.

20 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

That will likely be either Everton or City then.

oh you cynic. Between us and City but either way its better than the traditional red triangle.

14 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Have to say, one of the positives of the lockdown is how much "easier" (less appalling) it will be when they win the league. No presentation at Anfield, YNWA, and about 50,000 mentions of Hilsborough victims (nothing about Heysel).....wheeling out John Fatty Barnes to talk about discrimination, and how Liverpool un-furloughing their staff just showed what a brilliant club and comunity they are.........

Telly off. Social media blakcout. Stay indoors. 

Obviously scousers wont follow the rules there will be a mass gathering somewhere. Now if we could infiltrate it with a serious case of COVId or something.....