• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 2 Manchester City 1

14 minutes ago, fillerywhereru said:

Yes the clear influence of them at Sky/BBC/The Guardian is very tiresome. I blame that generation of glory hunter liverpool fans from the home counties directly for the negative portrayal of Chelsea (and now CIty) in the media

We can't complain too much, when we win titles we also get fans, particularly of impressionable age, from around the country/world who join us.

19 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Have to say, one of the positives of the lockdown is how much "easier" (less appalling) it will be when they win the league. No presentation at Anfield, YNWA, and about 50,000 mentions of Hilsborough victims (nothing about Heysel).....wheeling out John Fatty Barnes to talk about discrimination, and how Liverpool un-furloughing their staff just showed what a brilliant club and comunity they are.........

Telly off. Social media blakcout. Stay indoors. 

You're having a laugh , the PL will ensure that they get the trophy at Anfield , the fans will all be there , it'll be like Covid never happened.

I expect they'll have the open top bus parade too . 

3 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

You're having a laugh , the PL will ensure that they get the trophy at Anfield , the fans will all be there , it'll be like Covid never happened.

Hancock will be giving special dispensation to them during his daily COVID report. Skybridge for scousers to travel to Anfield.

9 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

We can't complain too much, when we win titles we also get fans, particularly of impressionable age, from around the country/world who join us.

Yes that's true. I have noticed the same inability to accept defeat/ unrealistic expectations creeping into our fanbase

paulw66   
28 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Like certain rallies in Hyde Park?

Ignoring the fact that if we win, we give Liverpool the title, because a) they won it ages ago anyway and b) it doesn't even count anyway, this isn't a real season.

Obviously a tricky game tonight, not sure what City will turn up and you have to feel we have more motivation than them to get a result... but this is football and in particular Chelsea of 19/20 season, so absolutely anything could happen.

I'd go with:

Kepa

Rudiger Christensen Zouma

Azpilicueta                            Alonso

Jorginho Kante

Mount Tammy Pulisic

Subs: Caballero, Tomori, James, Emerson, Barkley, RLC, Willian, CHO, Giroud

I think it'll be a score draw, which I would absolutely take.

4 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Ignoring the fact that if we win, we give Liverpool the title, because b) it doesn't even count anyway, this isn't a real season.

So true. How can it be a real season if its split in 2 and the second one is when players have holidays. 2020 will be only remembered as the year of COVID not the one time in 30 or so years scousers won a league

• Like 1

4 hours ago, exiledblue said:

Obviously scousers wont follow the rules there will be a mass gathering somewhere. Now if we could infiltrate it with a serious case of COVId or something.....

They'd all get special certificates proving they are "beyond Covid".  
Perhaps we can make dole money conditional on being "covid uncertain".  

WC2018 thread closed but by chance I just stumbled on this.

NobblyBobbly:  In two years they will both be both be first team regulars and top top players. I will book mark this post!         June 19 2018

I think this meant Ampadu and RLC    (though Abraham was being mentioned alongside).
Insert other media
As they say, predictions are always difficult, especially about the future.  (And especially the when parts).

bert19   
5 hours ago, Lump Of Celery said:

In a way us winning them the title makes it even more of a damp squib. They will be sat at home watching it on telly whatsapping each other, not even allowed to gather together to watch it. No great fanfare, nobody gets to score the goal that clinches them the title, then they lift the trophy in an empty stadium in a few days time and there's no parade.

Tempted to say a Tenner says they do all somehow make it to the streets around Anfield for a party.  Those plucky Liverpool fans, they've waited so long....  (but I'll just be wasting a tenner)

(Try waiting 50 years with spells of zero cash, near extinction, relegations, The NF having a presence...)

5 hours ago, fillerywhereru said:

Yes that's true. I have noticed the same inability to accept defeat/ unrealistic expectations creeping into our fanbase

Yeh, there are a few displaying a distinctly Arsenal fan type of attitude these days.  The "We should be winning stuff because" or the "we're a massive club" brigade.  

Entitlement is a very tedious trait for a football supporter to possess.  

• Like 1