• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 2 Manchester City 1

Torn between Liverpool winning the title at a venue that even their players can't be present, and them winning somewhere the fans won't be present.

Last night I watched an old Carpool Karaoke clip of James Corden driving Sir Paul McCartney around Liverpool, visiting his home where he wrote songs with John  (Dad:  I'm fed up with these Americanisms, can't you sing She Loves you, Yes, Yes, Yes?) and later performing in a local pub with a hundred or so locals getting to see the real thing 50 odd years on.
It was very good, and I really envied them their 'istory or heritage.

But not in football - lets put it off a couple more days.

Kepa
Azpi  Christensen  Rudiger  Alonso
Kante    Jorginho  Kovacic 
Willian  Abraham  Mount

Against Villa we were camped in their half, this time we will be camped in our own half - lets not pretend otherwise.
This is effectively an AWAY match.

Kepa is very much settled now.
3 mids (and Mount) that will do what is necessary (certainly no Barkley or RLC playing on the edge of our box please)
Willian and Abraham for breakaways.  
Pulisic for Willian; James for a FB if we feel like chasing it, Mount to drop back for Kovacic if he runs out of gas at 65 as per usual.
1 point and 4 yellows is par.

Only starting question is Emerson or Alonso

Rob B   

Hmm the thought of Mahrez cutting in on his left foot against Alonso or Emerson is a scary one.  I’d be inclined to go with this:

Kepa

Azpi. Christensen. Rudiger 

James.   Kante.  Kovacic.  Alonso

Pulisic.  Abraham.  Mount 

Jorginho adds very little in games where we don’t dominate the ball (which admittedly is very few) and he doesn’t even have the long breakaway pass over the top like Fabregas did.

Score draw...

My thinking is that Man U with the way they are playing right now and with an easier run in are capable of not only finishing fourth, but maybe 3rd,  the difference Bruno Fernandes has made in their side has been incredible.

25 minutes ago, Never happy said:

Can't afford to lose, United closing in and Spurs picking up

Tottenham have too much to do but we need an eye on Utd but catching Leicester is still on IMO but game by game. A win tonight please

chelboy   

Barkley over every other midfielder?? Giroud over Tammy is odd considering their high line. Same back 4 against that pacey City attack is worrying. Pep has gone full strength. I thought we would go 343. Can see them having joy on the left flank. 

That looks like a team that wants to take the game to City - not sure we are good enough for that yet.
Like the game Sarri had where we tried to outplay them.  
A surpise.

image.png.d94902d72fc32a2d6343c7aa21280846.png

Man City Ederson; Walker, Laporte, Fernandinho (c), Mendy; B Silva, Rodrigo, Gundogan; Mahrez, Sterling, De Bruyne.

Subs Carson, Zinchenko, Jesus, Sane, D Silva, Otamendi, Doyle, Harwood-Bellis, Palmer. 

3 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

That looks like a team that wants to take the game to City - not sure we are good enough for that yet.

And in this heat ... Kante, Mount and Barkley are going to be doing a lot of chasing, and it is going to be knackering.