• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 2 Manchester City 1

GURJ SS   
Just now, chelboy said:

After the water break we improved. As the game goes on we will need either Gilmour or Jorg to come on and help us keep the ball. In these temperatures it can be hard chasing the ball. Game plan is working so far. 

I agree mate.. I think Barkley is a last 20-25 Min player, when it's a game like this where we need to make sure we keep the ball whenever we get the chance he just gets lost. We could do with moving Kante in a more engaging position and leave the ball keeping to Jorginho.

Liking Pulisic more and more.

Not impressed that BT decided to show a Red set of fans when we scored.

19 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

Kante really can't play that lone role in front of the defence, his body language is one of panic when he gets the ball and just wants to get rid asap; but it's the vital area we'll need to control to keep real possession.

Yes.  No real surprise though, he has never played there before.

Just now, NoblyBobly said:

I think we have looked fairly solid at back which is not something I can say that often. We are certainly getting a lot of men behind the ball. I can see City starting to get frustrated soon. 3 points would be tremendous.

I agree.  It reminds me of the Barca 2012 games, proper defending and then proper use of the ball when we get it.  We even converted a corner as far as getting a save - something we almost never do mostly.
Back 4 pushing on the forward line mid-fielders breaking out to chase players (pulisic), and never ever allowing anyone time on the ball in our half, not just in our box.

Blue Rod   

Other pundits are going on about hoe Mendy messed up. But our Joe Cole is spot on; Pulisic deliberately slows the ball down, tempts Mendy into a tackle, and skips past him. That is the mark of an accomplished forward, our most dangerous at the moment. 

GURJ SS   
1 minute ago, Droy was my hero said:

Yes.  No real surprise though, he has never played there before.

It gets on my nerves when pundits and commentators bang on about him finally playing in his correct position every time they see him in that role.

chelboy   
3 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

I agree mate.. I think Barkley is a last 20-25 Min player, when it's a game like this where we need to make sure we keep the ball whenever we get the chance he just gets lost. We could do with moving Kante in a more engaging position and leave the ball keeping to Jorginho.

Yeah I think Barkley is best as a impact player. I wouldn’t remove Kante from that position even when bringing Jorginho on. I would sit both of them in front of the back 4 with Kante slightly deeper. 

Blue Rod   
33 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

Kante really can't play that lone role in front of the defence, his body language is one of panic when he gets the ball and just wants to get rid asap; but it's the vital area we'll need to control to keep real possession.

Keeping possession is about the team passing the ball amongst themselves. Very little to do with Kante's position. I have not seen one City player dwelling on the ball, yet they dominate possession.  

Every time Kante or any Chelswa has the ball, he is surrounded by 3 City player. It would be reckless for any player to want to hold on to the ball in that situation. 

Edited by Blue Rod

Bison   
12 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

What's not to like. Have you had a problem with him?

...maybe :)