• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

West Ham United 3 Chelsea 2

I think the entire back line were found wanting in the first half and deservedly got pelters from the boss for it. 

Second half brought Aspi and some energy going forward and a calmer approach. 

Goodness knows what Reece James has been doing in lockdown but he was genuinely terrible on par with RLC who was the worst player on the pitch. 

Azpillicueta is indispensable. 

paulw66   
1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think the entire back line were found wanting in the first half and deservedly got pelters from the boss for it. 

Goodness knows what Reece James has been doing in lockdown but he was genuinely terrible on par with RLC who was the worst player on the pitch. 

RLC didn't play

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

RLC didn't play

Didn't he? What the hell, am I going mad? 

Edit. Getting confused from the previous game where he shambled around cluelessly (sadly) 

Edited by Mark Kelly

7 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

possibly, but he did come on for Pulisic just 18 mins from the end.

I don't think Barkley noticed either.

bert19   
44 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Edit. Getting confused from the previous game where he shambled around cluelessly (sadly) 

He didn’t come on at all in the game before either. Unused sub vs City. 

You must be thinking of Villa last week ;-)

Arkie   

Kante as a DM please. 3 wins out of 3 since he was returned to his best suited role.

Pulisic to start too, he has been on Hazard level against Leicester.

JaneB   
17 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

How things change.

Jasonb   

Azpi certainly seems to have upped his game.

I was looking to see if Carroll is fit and thereby found he is now back at Newcastle, good . As I always fancied them to get a draw when he was on the bench.

I think after Frank made three subs against Leicester the team will see that as a warning and start well.

Of course Frank still needs to pick the right team yet since the break he has done well. 

3 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

I think after Frank made three subs against Leicester the team will see that as a warning and start well.

Perhaps.  My pov is that the Villa H1 and the Leicester H1 showed Frank that there are half a dozen players in the squad who are either not ready to start now, or never will be.

10 hours ago, Arkie said:

Kante as a DM please. 3 wins out of 3 since he was returned to his best suited role.

Returned?
I reckon that of the 156 Chelsea starts he has had he has been one of our best 3 players in all but about 15 games.  That 15 includes all three at DM.

chelboy   
33 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Perhaps.  My pov is that the Villa H1 and the Leicester H1 showed Frank that there are half a dozen players in the squad who are either not ready to start now, or never will be.

Which players are those? In Villa H1 and Leicester H1 pretty much everyone had a poor half in either one of those or both.