• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

West Ham United 3 Chelsea 2

Dingus   

Absolutely criminal performance.

Only Pulisic can walk away with his head held high. Only player that wants to run forward. Everyone else just passes inwards. Infuriating to watch and I imagine to play with.

If I see Azpi and William continually pass the ball to one another yet don’t even make an attacking run it’ll be too soon.

Scrap any further attacking transfers and sort the defence out. All of them can go as far as I’m concerned. ****. All of them.

JaneB   
1 minute ago, Whataloadofballacks said:

The only thing worse than that defensive performance was this post.

The clue's in his name.

Can't wait to see, what Jurgen says, or Frank if he's not available. 

• Haha 2

GURJ SS   

That goal at the end...

As much as we can blame Rudiger and he was hugely at fault we must also look everywhere else. It's just basic knowledge that when the fullbacks are pushed that far up the pitch then it's the job of the midfield to cover for them, and same goes for the fullbacks when the midfielders have pushed forward, we have zero communication and zero leadership followed by zero tactics which is why when it came to the basics they all found themselves out of position and on the wrong side of such basic and simple football by the opposition.

Blue Rod   
2 minutes ago, SS_89 said:

We lack incisiveness and players willing to run at players. Willian, barkley and kova to a lesser extent always guilty of it. Pulisic is the only player willing to and even Kante does when he can. Ziyech and werner should alleviate some of that. 

We do need to attack defences instead of passing in front of them then crossing. But running at defences is a collecrive thing. If you do it on your own, all you do is lose the ball. 

2 minutes ago, Bison said:

Zouma wouldn't have been bullied by Antonio tonight.

Agree with this. My preferred defensive pairing would be Zouma and Tomori, although that's not to say I don't think we need another centre back.

I thought the entire back 5 was poor today. 

That was shocking. From basically everyone apart from Pulisic and Willian. 

We have to sign a Centre Back AND a Left Back before we even think about bidding for Kai Havertz or whoever else higher up the pitch. 

Four games against Bournemouth and West Ham. 1 point. That's dreadful.

JaneB   
2 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Apparently I wasn't watching the same game as a lot of people, certainly not Gary Neville.
All in all we were pretty much the better side - more so than against Villa or Leicester.  4 games, 3 wins is about right for our last 4 performances.  No complaints that this one didn't go our way when 2 close games did.  
And last time WHU beat us twice in a season they got relegated - a good omen.  And we nicked Joe Cole and GJ cheap afterwards.

Willian was good - and there was a brilliant cross that RLC should have tapped in.
For 85 mins (all but start of H2) we were the stronger side.

The offside VAR was blatant - the striker kicked the ball into the guy on the floor and then put in the rebound.  VAR never showed the shot or Kepa because they had already decided that, they were only considering how far offside he was (plenty).

Their 2nd should also have not been given - Antonio blatantly dives when challenged by Rudiger and the ref just plays on - he should stop play and book him.  VAR should also call the dive and rule the goal our.

Pulisic was astar - I guess we all agree on that.

Quick question - say RM come back to us and say how about a straight swap:  Pulisic for Hazard?
What do you say?

No.

But thanks for a more balanced view Droy.  Awful awful result but these matchday threads are lethal for concluding the end of the world is nigh.

2 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Pulisic was astar - I guess we all agree on that.

Quick question - say RM come back to us and say how about a straight swap:  Pulisic for Hazard?
What do you say?

Yes and no.

Hazard is probably the most gifted footballer we've had since I've supported the club (maybe on par with Zola on natural talent) and his numbers last season were great but I always felt like his output fell short of his talent.

Pulisic is so direct and so dangerous. I think he has the potential to be phenomenal.

2 minutes ago, Whataloadofballacks said:

Agree with this. My preferred defensive pairing would be Zouma and Tomori, although that's not to say I don't think we need another centre back.

I thought the entire back 5 was poor today. 

I seem to remember that was a good partnership at the start of the season when rudiger was injured. Tomori sees to be bottom of the pile now, or at least he did 2 hours ago