• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

West Ham United 3 Chelsea 2

Having rewatched the goals, feel like every goal could have been avoided.

For the first, either Kepa does his job by coming out to claim the ball, or Tammy does his job by clearing the ball.

For the second, Christensen does his job by being aware of the guy closest to him, instead of looking around like a lost puppy.

For the third, either Rudiger plays him offside or shows him on to his right.

Just terrible defending, all round. Frustrating.

Rob B   
59 minutes ago, Stim said:

I miss Jorginho

We’ll obviously never know for sure, but I’m not sure Jorginho makes a blind bit of difference to that result last night.

Our problems were there pre-restart when Jorginho was playing every week. He is less physical and defensive than Kante but I accept the argument that we may keep the ball more effectively. 

11 minutes ago, Rob B said:

We’ll obviously never know for sure, but I’m not sure Jorginho makes a blind bit of difference to that result last night.

Our problems were there pre-restart when Jorginho was playing every week. He is less physical and defensive than Kante but I accept the argument that we may keep the ball more effectively. 

Exactly that. He would arguably give you a better control of possesion, but he wouldn't and has not made the slightest bit of difference, in terms of what we witnessed last night.

Stim   

I'd argue creativity in the middle against a packed defense would have made a difference. Total waste of time having our midfield pass it amongst each other in front of a packed box before crossing in rinse repeat.

42 minutes ago, Stim said:

I'd argue creativity in the middle against a packed defense would have made a difference. Total waste of time having our midfield pass it amongst each other in front of a packed box before crossing in rinse repeat.

The team is crying out for some creativity in the final third and has been for some time. Even with Hazard and Cesc we sometimes struggled to unlock a packed defence that sat deep, often relying on a moment of brilliance from Hazard to get us out of trouble.

Ziyech will make a huge difference.

Edited by Martin1905
  • Like 1

I don't want to read the last 20 odd pages, I have a good feeling what's being said and discussed.

My opinions on last night:

- Rudiger, shocking. I've never fully trusted him, but last night he showed exactly how little footballing intelligence he has... why kick it out for a corner at that stage of the game, not long after we've had a nightmare defending a corner? Just smash it out for a throw. For the second goal, it isn't all his fault, Alonso takes a massive chunk of the blame, but why has Rudiger played Yarmolenko on to his stronger foot and straight in front of goal? force him out wide on to his weaker foot and a tighter angle... if he scores from there, then so be it.

- Alonso, unfortunately, showed why he has so many wanting him replaced. Going forward he is great, but defending he is really not great at times, his lack of tracking back for the 3rd goal is unforgivable and may well have sealed the signing of a new LB. G Neville said it right when he said he has one speed for running forward in attack and another for tracking back defending.

- Overall defending is just SO bad, absolutely no leader back there, god knows what Azpilicueta was doing for the VAR goal that got ruled out and Christensen just isn't physically or mentally strong enough for this league, at least not with Rudiger as his partner.

- The big plus of the night, yet again, was Pulisic - what a player and he's only 21. If he can stay fit, he'll have as big an impact for us next season than any of the signings we've made or will make. I'm so excited for his future.

It was a frustrating night, and sadly not massively surprising, we know this Chelsea team has these performances and results in them, especially after getting good results against the rest of the top 6. Inexperience and buying on their own hype? Maybe. Whatever it is, it needs fixing asap. With Leicester losing, a win last night would have put us in such a strong position for top 4, but now, we are fully in a scrap, potentially being down to 6th before we play again.

9 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Frank does not look a happy camper. 

Who'd be a manager? 

He probably is not, as he is well aware how the club operates.

A club legend or not continually be beaten by teams in the bottom half who put 10 men behind the ball will not have gone unnoticed. Free hit or not this season is debatable especially when the club are buying CL players for next season.

Being beaten by a house of cards team playing in a councils recreation ground is hard to swallow

Hopefully we will ride the storm and get a CL place.

16 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Ziyech will make a huge difference.

Probably need to keep William as back up.

I doff my cap to William for the energy he showed, tracking of the opposition and the goal last night. Maybe some of the other upcoming stars could take note

8 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

He probably is not, as he is well aware how the club operates.

A club legend or not continually be beaten by teams in the bottom half who put 10 men behind the ball will not have gone unnoticed. Free hit or not this season is debatable especially when the club are buying CL players for next season.

Being beaten by a house of cards team playing in a councils recreation ground is hard to swallow

Hopefully we will ride the storm and get a CL place.

Probably also pissed due to it being his first club whose fans slag him off at every opportunity as well