• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

West Ham United 3 Chelsea 2

Rob B   

I think we need to bear in mind that Leicester was a cup game, which not only would see a fair amount of rotation normally, but combined with wanting to give minutes to the likes of James, Zouma and Gilmour for the first time since the restart meant it was bit of a perfect storm. 

We should expect to see a team more akin to Villa and Man City tomorrow, and those not picked will have to bide their time and impress when given an opportunity.  Barring injuries, I think it will be similar to this:

Kepa

Azpi.  Rudiger. Christensen. Alonso 

Kante.  Kovacic.  Mount 

Willian.   Giroud.   Pulisic 

Question marks being the fitness of Christensen (you may want Zouma’s physical attributes against West Ham anyway),  Pulisic’s calf injury and Tammy vs Giroud.   The rest of the team picks itself right now. 

Shame its not a big 4 on the front in a white circle , that'd be fantastic .

paulw66   

Would typical of our season to follow up beating City, with a 1-0 defeat to West Ham, with us having 80% of possession, 15 corners, 18 shots, 3 on target, whilst conceding from their 1 corner, and only shot on target. 

32 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Would typical of our season to follow up beating City, with a 1-0 defeat to West Ham, with us having 80% of possession, 15 corners, 18 shots, 3 on target, whilst conceding from their 1 corner, and only shot on target. 

It would be, but we also managed to grind out that 1-0 win away at Leicester which wasn't exactly our forte before that. Different competition I know though.

Anyway let's be optimistic. 0-2 Chelsea!

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

It's bizarre that it's just how atrocious West Ham are that is causing me stress.

Jasonb   
13 hours ago, Rob B said:

I think we need to bear in mind that Leicester was a cup game, which not only would see a fair amount of rotation normally, but combined with wanting to give minutes to the likes of James, Zouma and Gilmour for the first time since the restart meant it was bit of a perfect storm. 

We should expect to see a team more akin to Villa and Man City tomorrow, and those not picked will have to bide their time and impress when given an opportunity.  Barring injuries, I think it will be similar to this:

Kepa

Azpi.  Rudiger. Christensen. Alonso 

Kante.  Kovacic.  Mount 

Willian.   Giroud.   Pulisic 

Question marks being the fitness of Christensen (you may want Zouma’s physical attributes against West Ham anyway),  Pulisic’s calf injury and Tammy vs Giroud.   The rest of the team picks itself right now. 

Think your selection  and comments above makes sense and if Pulisic is not fit think Frank might surprise us with someone different on the left rather than Barkley or RLC.

paulw66   
1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

It's bizarre that it's just how atrocious West Ham are that is causing me stress.

Yes, City was a nice free hit

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

3 consecutive wins and the site buzzing - well done the mods.

Lose this one tonight and the site will be absolutely ballistic.

Fact

4 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Exactly my worry tonight, a copycat of the Villa game but without us taking the two chances. Always been a tricky game for us West Ham, could also see a 1-1