• Current Donation Goals

JaneB   

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Watford at Stamford Bridge, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account. 

The match is scheduled to kick off at 20.00 hrs. Saturday, 4th July 2020 (Local UK time/date) (Live on Sky Sports)

Arkie   

my line up if those players are fit to play.

Willy - zouma - Tomori - Azpi - James - Mount - Kante - Jorginho- puli - Giroud - Willian 

Edited by Arkie

9 minutes ago, Arkie said:

my line up if those players are fit to play.

Willy - zouma - Tomori - Azpi - James - Mount - Kante - Jorginho- puli - Giroud - Willian 

Tomori has been unfit for a while, but this would be a good time to be back in shape...

Arkie   
4 hours ago, chiswickblue said:

Tomori has been unfit for a while, but this would be a good time to be back in shape...

That’s very unfortunate. Honestly both Christensen and Rudiger deserve some be dropped. And Tomori had some good games... I also think Zouma overall played much better than Christensen this season...

A massive game this one, for the obvious reason, that we could be 6th at kick-off. Interesting to see how Frank reacts to some of the performances against West Ham, in particular the defence.

GK - Do you drop Kepa and bring Caballero in? If you do, that surely spells the end of Kepa at Chelsea.

Full backs - I'd be surprised to see him drop Azpi and I'd be surprised to see him bring Emerson in, so the most likely reaction will be James in at RB and Azpi to LB, surely?

CB - Personally, if one of the 2 gets dropped (assuming Tomori isn't fit enough to drop both) then I'd be dropping Rudiger, he made way too many terrible decisions. He's one of those players, you can tell from the first minute, what sort of game he's going to have and you just knew as soon as West Ham kicked off, what kind of night it was going to be for him.

Personally, I would play:

Kepa

James  Christensen  Zouma  Apilicueta

Kante  Mount

Willian  RLC  Pulisic

Giroud

Subs: Caballero, Rudiger, Alonso, Kovacic, Gilmour, Barkley, Pedro, CHO, Tammy

Watford will be set up to frustrate and they will sit deep, the exact kind of opponent we struggle against. We need to come flying out of the box, none of this slow passing out from the back constantly, hit Giroud with some long balls and let him bring Mount, Pulisic, Willian and RLC into the game - we need to show a lot of energy and fight in this one.

3 points is all that matters, but I feel like they owe their manager a performance too.

15 hours ago, Liquidator said:

Please play Caballero ......

Please don't!

Personally I want to see Jorginho back at the base, with Kante and Mount either side and a little ahead of him. Other than that, the rest of the team either picks itself or is about marginal calls. Perhaps James coming in again and Azpi switching left; he has poor last weekend but deserves games based on the season so far. But then I can't recall Lampard starting Azpi on the left before. 

The Watford that have come back don't seem to be the Watford who had picked up form. Capoue, Doucoure and Sarr are the exact sort of players I think we struggle most with.

Jasonb   

Watford have had  an issue with players getting the virus made worse by a player hosting a players party.

They need a result, a difficult one for Frank though like with City I would go for an attacking' side with the idea of scoring early and breaking their belief.