• Current Donation Goals

GURJ SS   

Great performance and hopefully we can build on this and go on another run to secure a top 4 place, but Lamps took a huge risk with his subs, I'm all for giving youth a chance but just a bit of balance between youth and experience needs to be looked at;  Watford with some luck could have made it 2-2. Very surprised to not see Jorginho come on, Gilmour struggled but I'm going to put that down to mismanagement because it really wasn't the game to throw him into.

MOTM for me shouldn't be a debate, Pulisic is turning into a top world class player and ran Watford ragged. Mount was brilliant and Barkley worked his socks off and got an assist and goal; but I'm sure Pulisic left Watford's defenders with skidmarks.

chelboy   

Why have no reporters asked Lamps about Jorginho situation? Maybe he has asked to leave who knows. Ridiculous not to have asked by now. 

Jasonb   

I thought we should have scored more, Pulisic our best attacking talent yet at least twice he could have put others in on goal in better positions. Think we wants to score a little too much.

Barkley a sublime assist and goal yet also a few mistakes.

Azpi was surprisingly refreshing at LB surely deserves another go there with James at RB

Liked Zouma today, he was immense.

Willian continues to frustrate in open play yet a great penalty.

Frank made good subs, I like seeing Barkley and RLC on together though it rarely happens think they have good chemistry. 

A good day at the bridge  and for me now we need to focus on the next one.

Pulisic and Mount were terrific. Giroud huge goal. Barkley good as well. Azpili better at LB. Reece James settled down as the game wore on, and Loftus-Cheek looked to be getting his touch back.

Loftus-Cheek is one who could make a real difference to this side if he gets back to his level under Sarri. His touch is sublime at times. 

The backline took some chances but we got away with it and obviously thats where we need to improve but the team has to come up with 5 more wins at all costs.

Very difficult to do but we simply have to play with that second half intensity more often. We cut them open at ease in that second half. Very lovely to watch.

Diddymen   

Good result. But still feel that every time a team steps into our half we panic. Still not confident we will finish in the champions league position

chelboy   
3 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

I thought we should have scored more, Pulisic our best attacking talent yet at least twice he could have put others in on goal in better positions. Think we wants to score a little too much.

I tend to notice Pulisic Mount and Tammy focus a bit too much on scoring at times and can  make them selfish rather than passing it to others in a better position. Mount does it the most out of the 3. Tammy I can understand sometimes being a striker. 

Blue Rod   
2 hours ago, chelboy said:

So why did we create better chances against City than we did against West Ham even though City are far better than West Ham and played better too? It’s been clear this season we create more when there is space. Except for Pulisic those players you mentioned there don’t do well in tight spaces. They all need space to run into. We underestimate the creativity in tight spaces Hazard and Cesc provided us over the years. It’s usually what helped us against deep lying teams unless it was a set piece. 

I wouldn't read too much into  that performance against City, with all due respect to our boys. There were defensive howlers by City, and we caught them on the counter a few times. I am not sure that really counts as carving out chances. Even  from a team that plays in attacking mode all the time, you are not going to get that very often. 

Edited by Blue Rod

25 minutes ago, Ham said:

Jorginho is clearly off. Shame. 

By that token , are Willian and Giroud staying? 

14 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Loftus-Cheek is one who could make a real difference to this side if he gets back to his level under Sarri. His touch is sublime at times. 

Just to warn you...you will be included in Droys match round up for that comment. 

Arkie   
4 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

By that token , are Willian and Giroud staying? 

Giroud just signed extension and Willian been offered a new contract several times.

also we don’t have anyone to replace Willian at the moment.