• Current Donation Goals

Blue Rod   
2 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

You look at Man Utd right now and they have 4 or 5 guys in excellent form.

Meanwhile, we look slow, ponderous and cumbersome at times. Extra touches, no movement off the ball, no cohesion in the press, plenty of going out wide to fullbacks who can't cross the ball, poor recovery when we lose possession..

You've got to say that United look favourites for top 4 right now...

Me too. I don't think our game is improving. And why do we pass back when our opponent's attack has just broken down and we have the best chance to attack them? That is the most idiotic aspect of our game. We allow our opponent to recover, return to their half and re-organise. Then we pass from left to right and left again, allowing them that breathing space.

Tonight I saw some attempt to raise our game. But we still look poorly prepated and lacking in ideas. 

• Like 1

It feels like a long time since we were 2-0 up at h/t.
6 assists now by Azpi, Willian is 2nd on 5.
He gets as far forward and caught out as much as Alonso but no one says anything.

WHU were much much better than Watford despite being in almost the same place in the prem.  They could defend deep, they didn't sit nearly as deep as Watford and kept pressure on the man with the ball which Watford almost never did.

Zouma was OK, but it wasn't much of a challenge.  The way Christensen let the player go around him on the goal line near the end was very worrying - not many things to do and he got that badly wrong.

3 saves by Kepa, none conceded, his ration improves even if 2 saves were easy.

Mount as Motm is not a bad call.  Pulisic was probably favourite.  Willian, RLC were very good.  Barkley got 2 things right and stood in places where Kovacic as 8 would never go.  But then he makes no attempt to play like Kovacic does.

Gilmour failed to impress in his cameo - not a problem for next season, but I don't like him being used now.

2 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Just to warn you...you will be included in Droys match round up for that comment. 

:) 6 PL starts last season.

19 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

The backline took some chances but we got away with it and obviously thats where we need to improve but the team has to come up with 5 more wins at all costs.

Yes - this is much more accurate than saying the backline was good.

2 minutes ago, Arkie said:

Giroud just signed extension and Willian been offered a new contract several times.

also we don’t have anyone to replace Willian at the moment. 

Good news for Giroud... We need him. If Willian isn't signing then he's probably off. If Lampard thought Jorge would improve things ( leaving or not ) he would play him...unless there has been some kind of fall out .

5 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Carried by Hazard seems to have mutated into carried by Ronaldo. 

Who is carrying whom?  I gather Ronaldo got his first free kick goal today - on the 43rd attempt!

2 hours ago, chelboy said:

Yeah that is the point I was making that we play better when there is space. 

Sorry - rushed at h/t I answered your rhetorical question.

bONes   
  • After failing to score with his last 63 shots in the Premier League, Ross Barkley has scored his first goal since netting against Burnley in October 2018.
  • Chelsea midfielder Barkley has been directly involved in eight goals in his last 10 starts in all competitions (three goals, five assists).

Rob B   

Liam Twomey asked Frank about Jorginho and his response was simply “he’s in my plans” 

For such an experienced, prominent member of the team, to not even get 1 minute in 5 games, one of which was a cup game, when a 19 year old comes on in your place a few times - something has to be up. 

Blue Rod   

One thing for sure; Pulisic is cut out for a more modern football than the one we currently play at Chelsea. The endless thumping of crosses (we haven't scored through a cross-header for months) and thumping it to a No 9 to hold up and "bring others into the game" makes a waste of talented forwards like Pulisic. 

6 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Liam Twomey asked Frank about Jorginho and his response was simply “he’s in my plans” 

For such an experienced, prominent member of the team, to not even get 1 minute in 5 games, one of which was a cup game, when a 19 year old comes on in your place a few times - something has to be up. 

Something is up.

chelboy   
10 minutes ago, bONes said:
  •  
  • Chelsea midfielder Barkley has been directly involved in eight goals in his last 10 starts in all competitions (three goals, five assists).

Got to give praise where its due. That’s impressive. 

Leo91   

Done well. Now put a better player in that position and we would be scary. Guess that's why we are looking at Havertz