• Current Donation Goals

paulw66   
4 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Depends why he's not available (working on the basis that he isn't, which may not be the case of course!), doesn't it?

If he was broken leg unavailable, yeah, he doesn't make the bench. If he's unavailable because of a personality clash, conduct issue, impending transfer etc., may as well have him on the bench given the alternative is either going to be promote yet another kid (and are they even training any more? Quick Google found no results, but I assume their season has ended so promoting a kid to fill a seat isn't an option) or not fill that space.

Jorginho would have needed to swap his feet round during the lockdown to even come close to being behind Barkley in terms of ability. No idea what is going on, but something is.

If he isn't picked for other reasons, then why not have Batsuyai or Broja or Anjorin on the bench? When Kante / Kovacic has come off, Jorginho hasn't come on, so what scenario will he be used? Might as well have a kid on there.

45 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

If he isn't picked for other reasons, then why not have Batsuyai or Broja or Anjorin on the bench? When Kante / Kovacic has come off, Jorginho hasn't come on, so what scenario will he be used? Might as well have a kid on there.

Are the kids even still training though? They may well be essentially on their holidays.

Idk, perhaps completely dropping him isn't sensible if you are looking to sell or avoid press?

Like I said, no idea what is going on but I find it difficult to believe it's just about ability, form, tactics etc.

paulw66   
2 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Are the kids even still training though? They may well be essentially on their holidays.

Idk, perhaps completely dropping him isn't sensible if you are looking to sell or avoid press?

Like I said, no idea what is going on but I find it difficult to believe it's just about ability, form, tactics etc.

Am fairly sure I saw photos of Broja and Anjorin training up until quite recently......... but the situation is odd.

Unless they have a done a deal with a club already and they don't want him injured and he'll play only in emergencies 

paulw66   
35 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Found online:

Frank Lampard has added another Chelsea youngster to training ahead of 'Project Restart' and their Premier League return on Sunday.

The Blues boss has already brought in Henry Lawrence, Karlo Ziger, Armando Broja, Tino Livramento, Tino Anjorin and Lewis Bate, and added another to the list.

Centre-back Dynel Simeu took part in the session at Cobham ahead of the match at Villa Park on Sunday afternoon.

The 18-year-old has been another player who has impressed during the season for the U18s and the Development Squad, being a rock at the back.

6 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Because you checked for the first time in your life?

No actually, it was such a stupid sentence that I managed to remember it without assistance...it kinda resonated with me, a bit like the noise when a cat gets his tail shut in a car door.

I think you two are the only people in the country who think Jorginho has been dropped purely because Barkley (and Gilmour) have been preferred.

you seem to be the only person in the country who thinks Jorginho plays in the same position as Barkley (has someone actually said that? They both play in midfield, maybe that's what's confusing you), but btw he could have brought Jorginho on instead of Gilmour but for some reason chose not to.  You will of course know the reason for that and will enlighten us lesser minds.

But I guess that is a compliment to me.

Congratulations... You are back in Droy idiot mode with barely a few games gone! At least now, in these crazy times, I can sleep soundly, safe in the knowledge that the world is still spinning the right way round.