• Current Donation Goals

2 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

Please don't!

Personally I want to see Jorginho back at the base, with Kante and Mount either side and a little ahead of him. Other than that, the rest of the team either picks itself or is about marginal calls. Perhaps James coming in again and Azpi switching left; he has poor last weekend but deserves games based on the season so far. But then I can't recall Lampard starting Azpi on the left before. 

Frankly Jorginho, Kante and Mount pick themselves in that format too, on form and on balance.  And that is largely the first choice for most of this season.
In the absence of Jorginho for whatever reason, Kovacic at the base is the obvious call - a position he has played well many times already - certainly more than the 4 occasions Kante has done it in his career.

Diddymen   
3 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Frankly Jorginho, Kante and Mount pick themselves in that format too, on form and on balance.  And that is largely the first choice for most of this season.
In the absence of Jorginho for whatever reason, Kovacic at the base is the obvious call - a position he has played well many times already - certainly more than the 4 occasions Kante has done it in his career.

Will frank pick Jorginho? Find it odd that he hasn't played a single minute since his ban

paulw66   
18 hours ago, Liquidator said:

Please play Caballero ......

wont solve anything

2 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

Please don't!

Personally I want to see Jorginho back at the base, with Kante and Mount either side and a little ahead of him. Other than that, the rest of the team either picks itself or is about marginal calls. Perhaps James coming in again and Azpi switching left; he has poor last weekend but deserves games based on the season so far. But then I can't recall Lampard starting Azpi on the left before. 

The Watford that have come back don't seem to be the Watford who had picked up form. Capoue, Doucoure and Sarr are the exact sort of players I think we struggle most with.

Kante cannot play as the deepest midfielder. not if you want to get the best out of him. he needs to play alongside someone else who will hold their position, whether it be Kovacic or Jorginho 

Arkie   
22 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

wont solve anything

Kante cannot play as the deepest midfielder. not if you want to get the best out of him. he needs to play alongside someone else who will hold their position, whether it be Kovacic or Jorginho 

Willy might be able to pick up few more balls out of the air than Kepa...

instant upgrade in that department 

bert19   
23 minutes ago, Arkie said:

Willy might be able to pick up few more balls out of the air than Kepa...

instant upgrade in that department 

He also makes saves occasionally.  Probably an upgrade in that dept too

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

wont solve anything

Can't possibly be worse......

chelboy   

Cabby

James Rudiger Zouma Azpi

RLC   Gilmour  Mount

Willian Giroud Pulisic. 

Rob B   
39 minutes ago, chelboy said:

Cabby

James Rudiger Zouma Azpi

RLC   Gilmour  Mount

Willian Giroud Pulisic. 

That midfield gets slaughtered against Watford’s fast, physical midfield.  With Kovacic out, Kante is a must.  I think we might see the experience of Jorginho back for this one too...

Kepa 

James.   Rudiger.   Zouma.   Azpi 

Kante.  Jorginho.  Mount. 

Willian.   Giroud.   Pulisic. 

Edited by Rob B

Kovacic is out for the next two games so we should finally be seeing Jorginho again. If he's still passed over in favour of someone else I think it means he's off in the summer, possibly to raise money for the Chilwell deal

chelboy   
52 minutes ago, Rob B said:

That midfield gets slaughtered against Watford’s fast, physical midfield.  With Kovacic out, Kante is a must.  I think we might see the experience of Jorginho back for this one too...

Kepa 

James.   Rudiger.   Zouma.   Azpi 

Kante.  Jorginho.  Mount. 

Willian.   Giroud.   Pulisic. 

Agree about the physical problem but I think Kante needs rotating and Gilmour is more mobile. Not sure I feel this is a game for Both Jorg and Kante as Kante doesn’t offer much in the final third.