• Current Donation Goals

Holymoly   

We’ve lost four out of our last five games against teams in the bottom four. Tells you all you need to know about our tendency towards complacency on the pitch. We desperately need someone in our defence to stand up and take command. Football ability is one thing but leadership is quite another. On top of that Kovacic is probably out for the rest of the season with his achilles. I don’t see this being a comfortable watch against another side fighting for their lives.

Willy

James            Rudiger                                Zouma           Azpi

Jorginho

Kante.                                   RLC

Mount                                                                               Pulisic 

Giroud

kepa is finished,kovacic over mount but I think he's injured,Mount over Willian (who Lampard loves, but even he needs to rest) Giroud over Tammy (who looks like he's sulking)

Tell RLC to get forward as much as possible, if it doesn't work, bring on Pedro 

Edited by Never happy

Blue Rod   
48 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

We’ve lost four out of our last five games against teams in the bottom four. Tells you all you need to know about our tendency towards complacency on the pitch. We desperately need someone in our defence to stand up and take command. Football ability is one thing but leadership is quite another. On top of that Kovacic is probably out for the rest of the season with his achilles. I don’t see this being a comfortable watch against another side fighting for their lives.

I think defence is only one of our many problems, not the biggest problem. We can't open up teams, even those bottle table teams that are leaking goals against all other teams. Against West Ham, we scored a penalty and a free-kick, and that was it. So before we talk about defence, let's ask how a team with so many attacking players creates so little.

chelboy   
1 hour ago, Blue Rod said:

Against West Ham, we scored a penalty and a free-kick, and that was it. So before we talk about defence, let's ask how a team with so many attacking players creates so little.

Come on, a midfield with Kante Kova and Barkley is expected to create something?Both those two don’t do much in the final third and the other one is non existent outside the box. It was “pass to the LW and see what happens otherwise cross it in” football on Wednesday . Where have we seen that before?  As for Willian his crosses can sometimes be good but he isn’t the type to play in between the lines threading eye of the needle passes. We haven’t been good against deep lying teams all season unless we get an early goal and they open up. It won’t change with these current players. 

5 minutes ago, Diddymen said:

I liked this line
“I really don’t like to talk about my own playing days but we didn’t work much at all on set pieces and there were a few reasons, mainly John Terry, Gary Cahill, Didier Drogba, Michael Ballack and [Branislav] Ivanovic. You’d stick it in an area and they would defend it or score goals.

chelboy   
17 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I liked this line
“I really don’t like to talk about my own playing days but we didn’t work much at all on set pieces and there were a few reasons, mainly John Terry, Gary Cahill, Didier Drogba, Michael Ballack and [Branislav] Ivanovic. You’d stick it in an area and they would defend it or score goals.

All those players were tanks in both boxes. Surely he realises our current players now need 10X more set piece training than they did back then? I get a feeling he is too soft on the tactical aspect with these players. Some players felt Conte and Sarri were too tactical at times and I wonder if Lamps fears coming down that same angle. There has been too much freedom at times this season. 

34 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I liked this line

Great. All we need is half a dozen tall players and we're golden. 

In the mean time Frank, how's about a couple of hours a week practicing what to do to stop the opposition scoring at will from their corners and how not to make our corners  a springboard for counter attacks. You could start with keeping Willian well away from them. 

He needs to start coaching. 

37 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Great. All we need is half a dozen tall players and we're golden. 

Maybe that Mourinho did know a thing or two after all.
(Actually it is not purely being tall that counts.  I'd guess that our tallest players since a certain No 5 in the 70s/80s include Jarosik, Carlton Cole, Matic and RLC.  All of them quite useless in the air.  Whereas Essien was short and skinny).

38 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

He needs to start coaching. 

Yeah but think how graceful he is on TV after we lose.  And so much better than Sarri.

It is funny but 2 years ago no one here wanted the low yo of being a yo-yo club, the rebuilding.  Now no one wants the unlikeable part of being on the high yo.  Being tough, professional and winning.

Massive game today need to start the game with a quick tempo score early 3-1 Chelsea pulisic first goal scorer us to concede from a set piece again