• Current Donation Goals

Ham   

Rudiger dropped and rightly so. 

Jorginho must be on his way unless there's a rift. 

Jorginho and Kovacic is my favoured 2 in the middle. We look lopsided with Barkley, Mount and Kante.  The latter hasn't impressed me much recently. 

Sciatika   

Does anyone else find the pre-match program on CTV completely brainless or is it just me? I have to stop watching it when they start reading me social media or stating the obvious.

3 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

I’d have paired Zouma and Rudiger and dropped Christensen, although both CBS were awful against West Ham. Beginning to look a bit like we are planning for a future without Jorginho. Would be surprised if we don’t see him play at least some part in this game. Especially if we go behind.

I just don't see how Rudiger could start this one after the performance he put in vs West Ham, not that Christensen was much better, but Rudiger was SO poor.

Jorginho must be on his way out, I don't see any other reason for him not to even get a look in.

Worrying midfield that. Kante once again at the base with Barkley providing nothing as per usual. 

How can Jorginho still not play? Simply don’t get it. Really bad call from Lampard there. I’d rather have seen Loftus-Cheek or Kovacic ahead of Barkley. Jeez even Gilmour. 

JaneB   

Hate to see Arsenal winning but I guess we needed that 🤔

No Jorginho again can’t see him being here next year not a massive fan of Barkley hopefully we get the 3 points we badly need

chelboy   

I did predicted at the start of the season Jorginho would leave due to not fitting the CDM type  Lamps would like. Considering how often he used him this season I thought he may keep him but it seems he is preparing for a team without him. What made him wait until after the break to make this decision? Just seems a bit odd timing. Can’t even get ahead of Gilmour. 

Blue Rod   
6 hours ago, chelboy said:

Come on, a midfield with Kante Kova and Barkley is expected to create something?Both those two don’t do much in the final third and the other one is non existent outside the box. It was “pass to the LW and see what happens otherwise cross it in” football on Wednesday . Where have we seen that before?  As for Willian his crosses can sometimes be good but he isn’t the type to play in between the lines threading eye of the needle passes. We haven’t been good against deep lying teams all season unless we get an early goal and they open up. It won’t change with these current players. 

We have Willian, Pulisic, Mount, CHO, Kova, Barkley, Pedro. That is 7 attacking players for our midfield. Any combination of those players, with or without Kante, should be able to create goals against the likes of West Ham. It's just not good enough, not at all. It's not just West Ham that we have struggled against. Our play lacks imagination and cutting edge. West Ham looked more organised in their attack.

We are grinding out results with playing poor football. Sometimes we will be found out. That is what happened at West Ham.

Edited by Blue Rod

4 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

We have Willian, Pulisic, Mount, CHO, Kova, Barkley, Pedro. That is 7 attacking players for our midfield. Any combination of those players, with or without Kante, should be able to create goals against the likes of West Ham. It's just not good enough, not at all. It's not just West Ham that we have struggled against. Our play lacks imagination and cutting edge. West Ham looked more organised in their attack.

We are grinding out results with playing poor football. Sometimes we will be found out. That is what happened at West Ham.

True but it is much easier to attack wide open spaces as we proved against City.

22 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I just don't see how Rudiger could start this one after the performance he put in vs West Ham, not that Christensen was much better, but Rudiger was SO poor.

You’re right - he was woeful. AC has not really pushed on the way we all expected though. He still looks weak and naive and he has played enough games to work that out by now.