• Current Donation Goals

3 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

You’re right - he was woeful. AC has not really pushed on the way we all expected though. He still looks weak and naive and he has played enough games to work that out by now.

Totally agree on Christensen, we're in the rather unfortunate position of not even having 1 consistent CB as none of the 4 we have, are good enough to nail down that place and lead the back 4.

This is the only reason I'm not quite screaming for Kepa out just yet, it can't be easy as a keeper to not know who will be in front of you game by game, but also those who are in front of you are prone to sloppy mistakes at any moment.

Glad to see some defensive changes but I think it highlights that we need better quality there. Anyway, crucial to win tonight with results around us. 

Is it just me, or does Nigel Pearson remind anyone else of Alan Ford (played Brick Top in the film Snatch)? Bet he keeps pigs.

chelboy   
17 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

We have Willian, Pulisic, Mount, CHO, Kova, Barkley, Pedro. That is 7 attacking players for our midfield. Any combination of those players, with or without Kante, should be able to create goals against the likes of West Ham. It's just not good enough, not at all. It's not just West Ham that we have struggled against. Our play lacks imagination and cutting edge. West Ham looked more organised in their attack.

We are grinding out results with playing poor football. Sometimes we will be found out. That is what happened at West Ham.

So why did we create better chances against City than we did against West Ham even though City are far better than West Ham and played better too? It’s been clear this season we create more when there is space. Except for Pulisic those players you mentioned there don’t do well in tight spaces. They all need space to run into. We underestimate the creativity in tight spaces Hazard and Cesc provided us over the years. It’s usually what helped us against deep lying teams unless it was a set piece. 

Just to repeat I didn't see Rudiger as woeful.  Not good, but we have seen some genuinely woeful performances over the years.
When people make a big thing of him putting a ball out for a corner I think there can't have been as much wrong as people claim.

Still perplexed what Frank sees in Barkley, though with an injured Kovacic and the will he or won't he Jorginho, it is the poorly performing Barkley or the worse performing RLC and Gilmour.

5 minutes ago, chelboy said:

So why did we create better chances against City than we did against West Ham even though City are far better than West Ham and played better too? 

City play open to the counter attack - that is their style and it suited us.  We beat Liverpool too the same way.

chelboy   
2 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

City play open to the counter attack - that is their style and it suited us.  We beat Liverpool too the same way.

Yeah that is the point I was making that we play better when there is space. 

Bison   

I'm sure R. James looked promising before lock down or was I mistaken? He has been a mess since the restart.

Dr Octopus back in goal against us again I see. 

You look at Man Utd right now and they have 4 or 5 guys in excellent form.

Meanwhile, we look slow, ponderous and cumbersome at times. Extra touches, no movement off the ball, no cohesion in the press, plenty of going out wide to fullbacks who can't cross the ball, poor recovery when we lose possession..

You've got to say that United look favourites for top 4 right now...