• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Crystal Palace 2 Chelsea 3

paulw66   
6 minutes ago, chiswickblue said:

Any bets on a Gary Cahill header from a set piece?

Might be worth a spare fiver 

paulw66   

These next two games are make or break IMO

Two banana skin away games, much like WH. After which we have Norwich, which should be a gimme.

If we win those three, then top 4 is almost in reach. Leicester go to Arsenal tomorrow who are improvng, and then play United on the final day. 

They way United are playing, and with their remaining fixtures, I see it is us vs Leicester for the last spot, and I can see Leicester dropping plenty of points. 

Edit - Leicester go to Arsenal, Spurs and then home to United in their remaining 5 games. 

Edited by paulw66

Diddymen   

hopefully Palace will ease off as they are safe from relegation and have nothing to play for in the league......heres hoping!

paulw66   
39 minutes ago, Diddymen said:

hopefully Palace will ease off as they are safe from relegation and have nothing to play for in the league......heres hoping!

played like that at Leicester.........traditionally a toughie for us though 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

They way United are playing, and with their remaining fixtures, I see it is us vs Leicester for the last spot, and I can see Leicester dropping plenty of points. 

Edit - Leicester go to Arsenal, Spurs and then home to United in their remaining 5 games. 

Problem with that, is that Utd are likely to be already qualified and on the beach before they play Leicester...

paulw66   
47 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

Problem with that, is that Utd are likely to be already qualified and on the beach before they play Leicester...

Seriously doubt that. In fact almost certainly nonsense.

There are only 5 games left, 4 before they play each other. United are currently 3 points behind Leicester, so even if United win all of the next 4, Leicester only need 6 points from their 4 games to be within a win of Man Utd going into that game. Leicester GD is currently 9 better too.  

Edit - Leicester next 4 is Arsenal, Bournemouth, Sheffield Utd and Spurs. I would epxect them to get at least 6 points. And frankly, if they collapse and get less than that, that can be only be good for us anyway. If Leicester only get 4 or 5 points, and we pick up let's say, 7 points, then it will be in our hands anyway 

Edit 2- by that stage, we will know more about Man City too, and whether 5th qualifies. 

Edited by paulw66
  • Like 1

paulw66   
8 minutes ago, Diddymen said:

Kante not in the squad for tomorrow 

Nor Kovacic.

No Kante or Kovacic, that is a concern. Gilmour or Jorginho in the middle, you've got to say it should be Jorginho, but he seems bottom of the pecking order currently, so we will see.

2 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

No Kante or Kovacic, that is a concern. Gilmour or Jorginho in the middle, you've got to say it should be Jorginho, but he seems bottom of the pecking order currently, so we will see.

I don't think that Frank has confidence in Jorginho's mobility when playing as a lone defensive midfielder alongside two number 8s. Maybe with Kovacic or Kanté alongside him, but Frank will want someone capable of chasing back in the event of a counter.