• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Crystal Palace 2 Chelsea 3

Jesus, is there anyone else we've got to play who hasn't scored for the last 5 years? Got to the point that I'd rather be up against in-form attackers.

chelboy   
Just now, Blue Rod said:

Game management was awful for 90+ minutes. Trying to kill time was too dangerous. You lose atracking momentum We knew that Palace were going to throw everything at us in final minutes. We were lucky. 

This. This is why I say slowing down the game and killing your momentum is dangerous in a game like that. As long as its a 1 goal difference the game is still in the balance. Once u stop moving it with real purpose you put yourself in a tricky position. 

16 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

A draw wouldn't be bad result Tbh. 

Arsenal win for me. 

Leicesters run in looks terrible but I still feel we need all the help we can get.

Just need to see Frank finish as high as possible, so that the board is willing to back him as much as we reasonably can because, dodgy performances aside, we are playing some really progressive football. 

We should have buried Palace. The scoreline could have been about 6-3 to be honest. We missed a few really good chances.

2 minutes ago, chelboy said:

Any defender paired with Christensen simply has to do extra defending. You have to carry the kid every game. Mistakes on the ground and mistakes in the air. His 2nd half display was shocking. Feel he gets away with it more because he is an academy player. 

"We" seem to see him as a cultured ball playing modern centre half. 

I see him as a weak, positionally naive, clueless clod hopper. 

People will remain with the last 5 mins of the game which was really scary, but I seem to remember us missing some really good chances throughout the match. 

Giroud in particular. Tammy dragged a shot wide. Mount forced an excellent save. That's 3 just off the top of my head.

5 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

People will remain with the last 5 mins of the game which was really scary, but I seem to remember us missing some really good chances throughout the match. 

Giroud in particular. Tammy dragged a shot wide. Mount forced an excellent save. That's 3 just off the top of my head.

Willian missed a great chance at 2-0

Ham   

I was missing the relative zen of lockdown in that second half. Stress isn't the word. 

HUGE win.  

Gooners one up. 

If carlsberg did Tuesdays 

Ham   

By the way, is it just me or did the ref give a series of free kicks the way of Palace at crucial points?

It started with an inexplicable free given to M'vic as we were breaking away. He also kept waving play on when we got fouled or played advantage and didn't bring it back. 

It was one of the factors that started to turn the game in their favour. 

paulw66   
4 minutes ago, Ham said:

By the way, is it just me or did the ref give a series of free kicks the way of Palace at crucial points?

It started with an inexplicable free given to M'vic as we were breaking away. He also kept waving play on when we got fouled or played advantage and didn't bring it back. 

He tried to make up for the first goal

On 7/7/2020 at 8:46 PM, Ham said:

I think so too but I'm so predudised in those situations...everything he does is wrong. 

On 7/7/2020 at 8:27 PM, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

As you say at the end it was a teppee and a wigwam (  two tents) but we scored 3 which meant they needed 4 . We lots of asked questions . They got a wonder goal, Benteke scores for the first time this century but we scored more. Next game please. 

Edited by NoblyBobly