• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Crystal Palace 2 Chelsea 3

JaneB   

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 18.00 hrs. Tuesday, 7th July 2020 (Local time/date) (Live on Sky Sports)

Hate playing Palace, I think I say it so many times, but so many of my mates are Palace, so it's hideous whenever they get a result against us, which they do seem to have a habit of doing. Another club who see Chelsea as their cup final. In an ideal world I'd have the same team vs Watford, but understand we may need some fresher legs in there.

The run-in looks nice for United and tricky for Leicester, we just have to focus on us and get the results.

Leicester:
A v Arsenal
A v Bournemouth
H v Sheff United
A v Spurs
H v Man United

Chelsea:
A v Palace
A v Sheff United
H v Norwich
A v Liverpool
H v Wolves

Man United:
A v Villa
H v Southampton
A v Palace
H v West Ham
A v Leicester

• Like 1

Rob B   
1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Hate playing Palace, I think I say it so many times, but so many of my mates are Palace, so it's hideous whenever they get a result against us, which they do seem to have a habit of doing. Another club who see Chelsea as their cup final. In an ideal world I'd have the same team vs Watford, but understand we may need some fresher legs in there.

The run-in looks nice for United and tricky for Leicester, we just have to focus on us and get the results.

Leicester:
A v Arsenal
A v Bournemouth
H v Sheff United
A v Spurs
H v Man United

Chelsea:
A v Palace
A v Sheff United
H v Norwich
A v Liverpool
H v Wolves

Man United:
A v Villa
H v Southampton
A v Palace
H v West Ham
A v Leicester

Given the final fixture involves all 3 of those teams and Wolves, I suspect it’s going to go down to the final day.

In terms of Palace, there certainly needs to be changes now that Kante has got another hamstring injury!

I’d like to think that Reece and Zouma have done enough to keep their places though. Assuming Jorginho is still frozen out, something like this perhaps...

Kepa
          James.  Christensen.  Zouma.  Azpi 

Mount Gilmour Barkley 

Willian  Tammy  Pulisic 

The form of Willian and Pulisic has meant that they risk serious burnout however.  They’re undroppable at the moment, not helped by the fact that Pedro is obviously leaving and only used if he has to be, CHO has just come back, and RLC hasn’t really worked as a wide forward. 

8 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Given the final fixture involves all 3 of those teams and Wolves, I suspect it’s going to go down to the final day.

In terms of Palace, there certainly needs to be changes now that Kante has got another hamstring injury!

I’d like to think that Reece and Zouma have done enough to keep their places though. Assuming Jorginho is still frozen out, something like this perhaps...

Kepa

Mount Gilmour Barkley 

Willian  Tammy  Pulisic 

The form of Willian and Pulisic has meant that they risk serious burnout however.  They’re undroppable at the moment, not helped by the fact that Pedro is obviously leaving and only used if he has to be, CHO has just come back, and RLC hasn’t really worked as a wide forward. 

I don't think the Kante injury will be anything too serious, to be honest, I think it was precaution taking him off, as much as anything else. That said, I do agree that certain players, Kante included, are going to need a rest sooner rather than later - it may be that we have to sacrifice the FA Cup semi-final and rest some players there.

I'd like to rest players for Palace, but they can be a very tricky side, so it would be a risk, we may be better resting the players by pulling them off in the second half if we're in a position to do so. All 3 (4 if you include Wolves) will be in this position, at least we have depth of some sort to be able to manage it. If Kovacic is fit, he may well come in to give Kante a rest, but I would think we'll see:

Kepa

James  Christensen  Zouma  Azpi

Mount  Kante  Barkley

CHO  Giroud  Pulisic

Then Kante given a rest vs Sheff United and Pulisic a rest vs Norwich, if at all. It's a risky game and this was always the problem with restarting this season and cramming in the games just for money purposes.

If we'd beaten West Ham, then I think more likely to see some players rested, but I'd be surprised if things get changed up too much in any of the remaining games (injuries permitting) unless Leicester or Man United lose ground in the next 2 games.

7 hours ago, Rob B said:

Kepa

Mount Gilmour Barkley 

Willian  Tammy  Pulisic 

Zouma put in his regular 7 out of 10 performance against Watford and Reece James definitely grew into the game as well so I agree with them keeping their place.

But Gilmour I would probably hold off of a bit as this is a huge game and he has been pretty sloppy last couple games.

Maybe we should let him feature as a sub for the rest of the year and hope that he pushes on for next year.

Midfield I would go with:

Barkley-Jorginho-Mount

Backline and frontline same for me as the Watford game.

Hoping that Tammy sorts himself out because he has faded badly and question marks are starting to form now with Werner coming in and Giroud bagging crucial goals recently.

Diddymen   

I don’t think Jorginho will play again this season. Surely he would have minutes by now 

On 7/5/2020 at 9:07 AM, My Blood Is Blue said:

Leicester:
A v Arsenal
A v Bournemouth
H v Sheff United
A v Spurs
H v Man United

Chelsea:
A v Palace
A v Sheff United
H v Norwich
A v Liverpool
H v Wolves

Man United:
A v Villa
H v Southampton
A v Palace
H v West Ham
A v Leicester

Same here, was my late fathers team and have lots of good friends who support them. We rarely play well at Selhurst or so it seems but actually we have a decent record there, but they have been awful recently after their good win at Bournemouth so you can predict they will turn up against us. Losing Kante is a blow, can only hope that Kovavic is fit because they have a hard working physical midfield if we can control the play there we have a chance.

Jasonb   

I think we will win there and then they play Utd next.

The worst scenario is if we fail to beat them and they roll over for UTD, Palace are already safe on 42.

They also have a number of match winners so we cannot rely on an early goal and coast, we need to be on our toes.

paulw66   

Let's be honest, we all know exactly what is going to happen here.

- We will have 65%+ possession

- We will have 15+ shots, a lot of which willl be blocked by their line of 4 and 5.

- We will have 10+ corners, and won't look dangerous from any

Conversely, Palace:

- will sit with 9 mine in two lines and cede possession happily and will counter attack

- they will have 5 or 6 shots

- they will have 3 or 4 corners and we will sh*t oursleves with every one.

The game will be decided by how much we make of our chances, and how well we defend those set pieces. 

8 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Let's be honest, we all know exactly what is going to happen here.

- We will have 65%+ possession

- We will have 15+ shots, a lot of which willl be blocked by their line of 4 and 5.

- We will have 10+ corners, and won't look dangerous from any

Conversely, Palace:

- will sit with 9 mine in two lines and cede possession happily and will counter attack

- they will have 5 or 6 shots

- they will have 3 or 4 corners and we will sh*t oursleves with every one.

The game will be decided by how much we make of our chances, and how well we defend those set pieces. 

Any bets on a Gary Cahill header from a set piece?