• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Manchester United 1 Chelsea 3

Recommended Posts

I just feel that we are going to win this one. Watched their last 3 games and no doubt they are moving the ball quickly and Martial and Fernandes look confident and deadly. 

But Giroud is scoring, Pulisic looks sharp, Kante may come back and who knows... I don't think we are going to press high and fall into their trap... Frank has managed wins against City, Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal, Leicester... some big results... I think we'll beat them. And I reckon they'll rotate as the games seem close together for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not looking forward to this one . There strikers are all on form are defenders are not . High scoring 4-2 loss hope I’m wrong but I have no confidence in this team 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

I just feel that we are going to win this one. Watched their last 3 games and no doubt they are moving the ball quickly and Martial and Fernandes look confident and deadly. 

But Giroud is scoring, Pulisic looks sharp, Kante may come back and who knows... I don't think we are going to press high and fall into their trap... Frank has managed wins against City, Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal, Leicester... some big results... I think we'll beat them. And I reckon they'll rotate as the games seem close together for them.

 

4 hours ago, Aussie1979 said:

Not looking forward to this one . There strikers are all on form are defenders are not . High scoring 4-2 loss hope I’m wrong but I have no confidence in this team 

You're right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Really cannot be bothered with whatever it is VAR is going to do here.

It really sucks the last fragment of joy left out of the game doesn't it ?

They may as well pull the winner of of a bag where United's ball has been in the fridge. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

It really sucks the last fragment of joy left out of the game doesn't it ?

 

I think we have just had a mild decade.  PL reffing in the Noughties was far far anti-Chelsea and Pro-reds than now.  Not that VAR helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   

Kante ruled out. Can't say I am disappointed. All about next Wednesday and Sunday

I am hoping this is one of those where he probably could have played, but they have delcared he can't 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

VAR will do everything they can to make sure Manchester United make it to the final, let's make no mistake about that. If we want to progress, we need to beat 12 men and ensure no matter what VAR can do, we still progress. This means tactics need to be tweaked slightly:

  • Our attackers staying at least a yard ball side of any Manchester United defenders at all times.
  • Make no attempt at any form of tackle inside the area.
  • Do not attempt to play Manchester United offside, always presume that wherever the player is when the pass is made, he is onside as a line can always be angled slightly to make it happen.
  • If Bruno Fernandes jumps at you with studs up, vacate the area immediately, so that you cannot foul him by letting him stamp on you.
  • If Harry Maguire kicks out at you, especially in the groin area, just suck it up and play on as the whistle will not be blown to stop the game, it clearly is not a foul.
  • Don't touch Bruno Fernandes or look at him the wrong way, VAR doesn't like it when opponents do that.

I've probably missed some, but I guess that's why I'm not paid the big bucks to manage in the PL.

Good luck Blue Boys!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/07/17/frank-Lampard-warns-chelsea-players-manchester-uniteds-ability/

 

Quote

“It would be nice if Var worked in our favour in this one, I would guess,” Lampard said. “The confusing thing about some of the recent ones, and the one on Thursday night [at Crystal Palace], is that it’s a very clear and obvious decision that was wrong and didn’t get reviewed and changed. A few of those have happened and that is strange.

“I would like to think that with Var you have to be level-headed. Some might go against you or not, but we seem to be in a period where, in terms of Manchester United, they’ve got a few in their favour.”

 

Edited by My Blood Is Blue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.