• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Manchester United 1 Chelsea 3

JaneB   

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2020/07/18/lampard--i-ll-be-proud-to-walk-out-the-club-i-love-at-wembley

And I'm proud you will be doing so Frank, and when you say it we know you really mean it.

Steep learning curve, mistakes made and some disappointing results.  But a lot of positives too and I think you've done wonderfully well in your first season, whatever happens in the next week or two.

I'm looking forward to seeing how you work next season and how you build on what you've learnt and what our new players bring to the team.  It's going to be hard for you but you have so much goodwill behind you.

This is your dream job Frank, never give up!!

(I hope this post really annoys NH, and before Droy comes in and says that Frank may not be given another season, that would be the meanest and most pointless decision ever and I would personally step back from Chelsea and let the madness continue without me). 

Ham   
1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

VAR will do everything they can to make sure Manchester United make it to the final, let's make no mistake about that. If we want to progress, we need to beat 12 men and ensure no matter what VAR can do, we still progress. This means tactics need to be tweaked slightly:

• Our attackers staying at least a yard ball side of any Manchester United defenders at all times.
  • Make no attempt at any form of tackle inside the area.
  • Do not attempt to play Manchester United offside, always presume that wherever the player is when the pass is made, he is onside as a line can always be angled slightly to make it happen.
  • If Bruno Fernandes jumps at you with studs up, vacate the area immediately, so that you cannot foul him by letting him stamp on you.
  • If Harry Maguire kicks out at you, especially in the groin area, just suck it up and play on as the whistle will not be blown to stop the game, it clearly is not a foul.
  • Don't touch Bruno Fernandes or look at him the wrong way, VAR doesn't like it when opponents do that.

I've probably missed some, but I guess that's why I'm not paid the big bucks to manage in the PL.

Good luck Blue Boys!

That just about covers it 👍

chara   
9 hours ago, Ham said:

That just about covers it 👍

DO NOT WIN THE COIN TOSS!!!! That will only upset the commentators and the media.....

16 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

VAR will do everything they can to make sure Manchester United make it to the final, let's make no mistake about that. If we want to progress, we need to beat 12 men and ensure no matter what VAR can do, we still progress. This means tactics need to be tweaked slightly:

• Our attackers staying at least a yard ball side of any Manchester United defenders at all times.
  • Make no attempt at any form of tackle inside the area.
  • Do not attempt to play Manchester United offside, always presume that wherever the player is when the pass is made, he is onside as a line can always be angled slightly to make it happen.
  • If Bruno Fernandes jumps at you with studs up, vacate the area immediately, so that you cannot foul him by letting him stamp on you.
  • If Harry Maguire kicks out at you, especially in the groin area, just suck it up and play on as the whistle will not be blown to stop the game, it clearly is not a foul.
  • Don't touch Bruno Fernandes or look at him the wrong way, VAR doesn't like it when opponents do that.

I've probably missed some, but I guess that's why I'm not paid the big bucks to manage in the PL.

Good luck Blue Boys!

You forgot the one about don’t let the ball touch you anywhere above the waist because that is handball.

Sciatika   

So the whole narrative about an all-Manchester derby in the final no longer works. I suppose the press will want to get behind a London derby now. No?

4 hours ago, McCreadie said:

You forgot the one about don’t let the ball touch you anywhere above the waist because that is handball.

Ah yes, of course! I hope Frank didn't forget that one either

1 hour ago, Sciatika said:

So the whole narrative about an all-Manchester derby in the final no longer works. I suppose the press will want to get behind a London derby now. No?

No. Red v Red.

Jasonb   

Can't see us winning today.

Think Utd are just a bit too strong for us in the departments where it matters and Frank will tinker.

I will watch regardless with hope and crossed fingers.

9 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

Can't see us winning today.

Think Utd are just a bit too strong for us in the departments where it matters and Frank will tinker.

I will watch regardless with hope and crossed fingers.

Sadly, I do agree - I think this game comes at the perfect time for them and the worse time for us. However, we've had this before this season and it ends up being the game we really perform in... the downside being that the following game falls apart and the following game to this is much more important than today's game.

I'm almost more interested in Leicester vs Spurs as that has a huge bearing on our season.