• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Manchester United 1 Chelsea 3

JaneB   

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our FA Cup Semi-Final match against Manchester United at Wembley Stadium, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 18.00 hrs. Sunday, 19th July 2020 (Local UK time/date) (Live on BBC One)

They appear to have the hoodoo over us at the moment. 

I'm not fussed about the cup in all honesty, I'd much rather we cement a top three finish, but I'm certain Frank will want a trophy and the kudos that go with that. 

Just, let's not actively contribute to our own downfall this time out. 

It'd be nice to thump them seeing as their having a nice resurgence recently particularly as they're dreadful. 

Arkie   
13 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I'm not fussed about the cup in all honesty, I'd much rather we cement a top three finish, but I'm certain Frank will want a trophy and the kudos that go with that. 

It'd be nice to thump them seeing as their having a nice resurgence recently particularly as they're dreadful. 

The play effective style of counter attack. We struggle against it badly this season even against the likes of West Ham....

On 7/2/2020 at 10:48 PM, Mark Kelly said:

Let hope there are some lessons learnt for the previous 3 meetings this season

paulw66   
1 hour ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Let hope there are some lessons learnt for the previous 3 meetings this season

Particularly in the VAR office. 

Obviously I want us to win, but I'm not really too fussed about this match at this point. I hope we rest Willian, Giroud and Pulisic, save them for the next 2, far more important games. Willian especially needs a rest! I would go with:

Kepa

James Rudiger Zouma Alonso

Kovacic Jorginho Mount

RLC Tammy CHO

• Like 1

Think I'd go with a 4-3-3

Willy

James , Christensen, Zouma , Emerson

Barkley , Jorginho Kova 

CHO Tammy , Bats 

its a suicidal side but I hate to say it I'd rather we lost this and kept our powder dry 

11 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

its a suicidal side but I hate to say it I'd rather we lost this and kept our powder dry 

If Mount is fit he is earmarked for this game.  Ditto Kante.
But then Willian Giroud Pulisic look like being rotated out of the cup and back for the league.

Does Caballero play all cup games?  I wouldn't pick him on merit, and certainly not as a warning to Kepa at this state of the season.  But perhaps it has been decided that he is the cup keeper.

chelboy   

Cabby   

James Azpi Zouma Rudiger Alonso

Barkley Kova Mount

Pulisic Tammy

Losing 4 times to them in one season is a bit too much. I reckon if City go through you may see both sides field slightly weaker teams but if Arsenal go through I am sure both will field stronger teams. 

39 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

If Mount is fit he is earmarked for this game.  Ditto Kante.
But then Willian Giroud Pulisic look like being rotated out of the cup and back for the league.

Does Caballero play all cup games?  I wouldn't pick him on merit, and certainly not as a warning to Kepa at this state of the season.  But perhaps it has been decided that he is the cup keeper.

Willy just because its the cup , I don't think he's great but Kepa still has the edge for me , saving him for the run in. The majority of the players I've picked for this are either due a run out like Tammy and bats or expendable like Emerson , lol.