• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Sheffield United 3 Chelsea 0

Bison   

Lampard really needs a couple of years in the Championship learning his trade. Can we loan him out at the start of the season?

1 minute ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Giroud on, Kovacic on, Loftus-Cheek on.

Abraham off, Barkley off, Jorginho off.

We need 3 goals. Its that simple. 

Its either 3 goals or Europa League.

I said to my mate yesterday "it's ours to throw away" 

chelboy   

Passing has been far to slow. Too many passes for my liking. Too many short passes before getting the ball forward. Got to start playing direct and forward. 

1st goal is actually unlucky but the 2nd goal is the type I expect this team to concede. Can’t see how Christensen should have started this game after Palace. Against physical team he just isn’t up for it. He can’t hack the physical side of this league. I really have no clue what he is doing in the box there. Zouma shouldn’t have to come over to fix his mess. Willian should track back better but the cross should be dealt with far better. 

This is how Sheffield United play every week, they press non-stop and they defend the same way. They don't pretend to be a clever skillful side just very very good at doing the basics better than anyone else. 

This doesn't surprise me one bit because we lack the mental capacity in defending and do not have a cutting edge upfront, apart from Pulisic who although is not having his best match, keeps trying to attack.

Does anyone really believe we deserve to be third??

Just now, thevelourfog said:

Kepa's save before the first is absurdly good; two deflections change the course of the ball multiple times in split seconds and he still gets to it.

Everyone playing in front of him is, defensively, an absolute clown.

I know he was going to his left but the change of direction took the ball barely to his right. He should be pushing that to his side. 

Its basic goalkeeper coaching - push the ball out of play and not back in front of you.

This isn't a one off for Kepa. He is very poor. His punches are poor, his shot stopping is poor, his positioning is poor... he is just a very sub-standard keeper.

Leo91   

I can't watch us anymore. Good luck Frank. Have a good end of the season boys.

Blue Rod   

I hope that Pulisic holds on to what he was taught at Borusia Dortmund because I have no idea what the other guys have been told about football. 

4 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

I know he was going to his left but the change of direction took the ball barely to his right. He should be pushing that to his side. 

Its basic goalkeeper coaching - push the ball out of play and not back in front of you.

This isn't a one off for Kepa. He is very poor. His punches are poor, his shot stopping is poor, his positioning is poor... he is just a very sub-standard keeper.

Nah, this is someone seeing what they want.

"Player should have done the physically impossible" isn't criticism that holds up.

All of this scoreline is on how the team "defends" before the shots are even made.