• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Sheffield United 3 Chelsea 0

Blue Rod   

I wonder what happened to that brigade of fans that believed we could do better if only we could drop Kante. Paul, where are you when we need you? 

JaneB   
1 minute ago, Dingus said:

You’re clearly more accepting of this level than I. 

I meant the season as a whole

GURJ SS   

For a manager who played in a midfield alongside the likes of Maka, Mikel, Ballack, Essien etc and in such a strong consistent spine, Lamps decided to rip out the spine of a team just when we were looking to gain some serious momentum and challenge for a decent place in the league. Tomori, Zouma, Jorginho, Kovacic, Mount. Ridiculous decision from Lamps to change things so much, Kovacic on the bench and Barkley starts in a team that already has 3 attacking midfielders, against a team that plays 5 in midfield!? We were always going to be pressed in midfield and lose that battle. Regardlessof Barkley having a few good moments recently, he can't play as a central mid when the opposition is giving us a challenge, simply can't do it; he's an attacking mid who only likes having the ball in the opposition's third.

Also he has decided to switch his footballing brain off in this bizarre moment of wanting to play Barkley in every minute possible. When a team pushes through our central areas like Sheffield did early on it was Barkley who should have dropped alongside Jorginho and our full backs should have gone forward, instead we pulled the fullbacks back and made the gap between Jorginho and both Barkley and Mount big enough to park the team bus in. Is just basic footballing tactics and Lamps just keeps getting it wrong. Against a midfield 5 or 3, Kovacic should have started alongside Jorginho.

Edited by GURJ SS

GURJ SS   
5 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

I wonder what happened to that brigade of fans that believed we could do better if only we could drop Kante. Paul, where are you when we need you? 

Wouldn't have made a difference, either Kante would be playing where Barkley is and on the wrong side of the ball. Or he'd have played where Jorginho is and been isolated in defensive mid with only those behind or alongside him to past to. The tactics are horrendous.

Edited by GURJ SS

Kezza   

Trust me. Reece James is not all that. I barely see him offering anything except good crosses. But a wing back is more than that.