• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Sheffield United 3 Chelsea 0

Just now, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Think we have to accept that Lamps will need time. 

There are a few positives this season and we have to remember that.

Obviously the backline needs work. Is it a coaching thing as well? Maybe.

People will do well to remember that Solsjkaer also took time to build this current United side.

And Solsjkaer always remembers the beating United got at Everton last year.

This is certainly a painful defeat. But the club has to remain focused on the overall objective.

Spot on.  Can't we just admit that the opposition have played well.  I think they have to play Leicester do they not, so hopefully they will have the same level of performance.

1 minute ago, Kezza said:

Their keeper give a better vibe and presence than our own. If we are looking to dump ours we have to take theirs.

Easier said than done given he's owned by Manchester United and they apparently don't want to sell him.

Blue Rod   
12 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

Wouldn't have made a difference, either Kante would be playing where Barkley is and on the wrong side of the ball. Or he'd have played where Jorginho is and been isolated in defensive mid with only those behind or alongside him to past to. The tactics are horrendous.

We might have got away with a 1-0 or 2-0 defeat. He might have prevented one of the goal. We still would not have created anything. Quite why they blame a ball winner/defensive midfielder for our lack of creativity is what baffles me.  

Edited by Blue Rod

Just now, Kezza said:

Their keeper give a better vibe and presence than our own. If we are looking to dump ours we have to take theirs.

Well, he needs to not sign a new contract and then it is a possibility.

Bison   
Just now, MikelBlue said:

Delicious cross placed on a plate for Tammy wasted. We need a proper number 9. 

He headed onto his own arm. Sums him up.

chelboy   
1 minute ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Think we have to accept that Lamps will need time. 

There are a few positives this season and we have to remember that.

Obviously the backline needs work. Is it a coaching thing as well? Maybe.

People will do well to remember that Solsjkaer also took time to build this current United side.

And Solsjkaer always remembers the beating United got at Everton last year.

This is certainly a painful defeat. But the club has to remain focused on the overall objective.

He was always going to need time. The defence is a 3 way thing. Lamps, CB’s and GK. Lamps needs better defensive tactics especially with crosses. He also needs far better defenders. The amount of individual mistakes I have seen this season is worrying. GK situation is pretty straightforward. 

GURJ SS   
1 minute ago, Blue Rod said:

We might have got away with a 1-0 or 2-0 defeat. We still would not have created anything. Quite why they blame a ball winner/defensive midfielder for our lack of creativity is what baffles me.  

Kante is a fantastic ball winner, but even he couldn't stop his own team laying the goal on a plate for the opposition.

Edit: I agree, crazy how a DM gets blamed for the team not scoring, I suppose we should blame Tammy for Rudiger setting up Sheffield's striker.

Edited by GURJ SS

Kezza   

Has RLC and Odoi done anything at all worthy of the trust the club and fans placed in them? Willian is not productive but he's always involved and taking responsibilities.