• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Sheffield United 3 Chelsea 0

chelboy   

Well I guess the WH game was a slap back to reality this team needed but Sheff truly gave us that. Unlike WH, Sheff played very well. They played to our weaknesses and beat us all over the field physically. The need for more physical players in this team was so evident today. Since Conte I have seen us been physically bullied in far too many games for my liking. 

We got a truly whipped today and fully deserved it. From manager to every last player it was a **** show. Far too complacent from the start. Did we forget where Sheffield are in the table? 

See what rubbish Lampard comes out with after, 

REMEMBER HE PICKS THE TEAM, AND EVERYONE KNOWS HOW SHEFFIELD PLAY.

Should have started 3 at the back

2 hours ago, Never happy said:

Is Lampard having a laugh, christensen?

tammy in for Giroud,

Just now, paulw66 said:

Would be nice if our coach worked on our defending 

At this point I'd be amazed if Pochetino isn't on the blower. 

Lampard mugged himself off this week and to be honest I'm tired of him saying all the right things and doing none of them harsh as it may sound. 

I was convinced he'd be here next year a few weeks back but this display from start to finish was as inept a coached performance as I can recall. 

Nobody has been improved in this side. Nobody. 

paulw66   

Most goals conceded since 1997.... We look like Chelsea under AVB at the back

57 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

I never claimed that Kepa was solely at fault, but rather that he could have done better.

I know. I'm saying he literally, physically could not have done better and that it's crazy to suggest otherwise.

That result really should put the focus on Kepa, if not the actual discussion about his merits, to bed. He is not even close to being the problem or the priority. 

A very nothing game, very much like most of our performances this year win or lose, marked only slightly into significance by the most egregious examples of individual and team defensive incompetence. Sheffield United, and I mean this as a scathing criticism of Chelsea and not any disrespect to them, thrashed us by doing the stuff any Sunday league coach drills into their players with simple efficiency. 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th ... Wherever we finish, this has been the weak 'gimme' season so many of us said we'd be okay with propped up until now by other team's failures and not our successes.

Edited by thevelourfog

1 minute ago, Blue Rod said:

Why do people keep going on about defence?

Is that a serious question?

I can think of a few reasons. 49, to be precise. Most goals conceded at this stage of the season since 1997.

Edited by Bridge Soldier

paulw66   
1 minute ago, Blue Rod said:

Why do people keep going on about defence?. We hardly got a shot on target today with all the attacking midfielders we have. And Kante wasn't playing today to cramp your style. 

Because we have conceded 49 goals. Ten more than last year with 3 games to go.

JaneB   

Dreadful, dreadful, dreadful.

Well I'm off for a stiff drink and a period of reflection.  I know I won't be able to stand the hysterics on here.

If we don't bury already relegated Norwich on Tuesday, well, can't even go there.

(Still London's top club)

Holymoly   

If you remember the filthy Scum had a rubbish defence and just the addition of one player was enough to energise the whole team. Maybe we don’t need wholesale change, just one player that knows what the hell he’s doing. Could we just end the season now please, I feel like flushing my own head down the toilet after that performance.

paulw66   
3 minutes ago, Proud-Blue said:

49 goals conceded this season is unacceptable. If buying defenders means we don't buy Havertz then unfortunately that's a necessary trade-off.

New keeper, new CB, new LB as an absolute minimum. Which of our defenders now would get into our team from 2004-2007? I'd say possibly Azpi but that's it.

Personnel largely the same as last season and we shipped 39 goals.

Why does Lampard get a free pass from some people? Would any Sheff United defender get in our team from that era? No. But they defended properly