• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Sheffield United 3 Chelsea 0

chelboy   
1 minute ago, paulw66 said:

Most goals conceded since 1997.... We look like Chelsea under AVB at the back

AvB had far better CB’s. Christensen and Rudiger are not what I can even call CB’s. What they are I have no clue but they definitely are not CB’s. Look like CDM’s to me. Far better on the ball than defending. 

paulw66   
Just now, chelboy said:

AvB had far better CB’s. Christensen and Rudiger are not what I can even call CB’s. What they are I have no clue but they definitely are not CB’s. Look like CDM’s to me. Far better on the ball than defending. 

I'm just saying it is similar viewing.

AC and Rudiger were year last season btw

Miss Smug loving it on SKY. 

I love watching us with the entire SKY staff wishing the opposition win. 

Blue Rod   
3 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

At this point I'd be amazed if Pochetino isn't on the blower. 

Lampard mugged himself off this week and to be honest I'm tired of him saying all the right things and doing none of them harsh as it may sound. 

I was convinced he'd be here next year a few weeks back but this display from start to finish was as inept a coached performance as I can recall. 

Nobody has been improved in this side. Nobody. 

Improvement? All players have declined in every aspect of their game. Pochettino would be brilliant. 

Irrespective of the other games and the rest of the season, that game looked like we had no preparation at all.
Zero coaching.

19 minutes ago, Super Kenny Monkou said:

Spot on.  Can't we just admit that the opposition have played well.  I think they have to play Leicester do they not, so hopefully they will have the same level of performance.

They didn't play particularly well

22 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Think we have to accept that Lamps will need time..

Sure - but I'm not sure the club have any intention of giving anyone time.  Next season we could have £200m of new talent on the books in a season where many top teams will be non-buyers or even net-sellers 

4 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

If you remember the filthy Scum had a rubbish defence and just the addition of one player was enough to energise the whole team. Maybe we don’t need wholesale change, just one player that knows what the hell he’s doing. Could we just end the season now please, I feel like flushing my own head down the toilet after that performance.

4 players, not 1.  VVD, Allison, and 2 fullbacks.  
But I agree, One commanding CB would make a bit difference.  David Luiz's ego on Zouma's body.

Blue Rod   
6 minutes ago, Bridge Soldier said:

Is that a serious question?

I can think of a few reasons. 49, to be precise. Most goals conceded at this stage of the season since 1997.

A gaol is scored by a team against a team. We barely had a shot on target despite boasting one of the  most attacking midfields. If your front and middle line is s**t and the manger is out of his depth, it's scapegoating to blame the defence. 

7 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Personnel largely the same as last season and we shipped 39 goals.

Why does Lampard get a free pass from some people? Would any Sheff United defender get in our team from that era? No. But they defended properly 

Not giving the guy a pass - giving the guy time.

That would be nice for a change, wouldn't it?

Fact is, we dont look as organized defensively as we should be but ALSO fact is that we are making individual errors as well.

If we look to assign blame to anyone, yes the defensive set up isn't great but how can Lampard change Rudiger's error today or Christensen completely switching off?

The team AND management will have to do better. But only someone delusional wouldn't identify that there are blatantly areas that can be improved easily in this side.

chelboy   
1 minute ago, paulw66 said:

I'm just saying it is similar viewing.

AC and Rudiger were year last season btw

No doubt Frank needs better tactics but today we saw two blatant mistakes that basic CB’s just shouldn’t make. I don’t know what tactics can do in those situations. Perhaps these games are just natural for this team. We saw collapses last season too in games. Those 4-0 and 6-0 were no fluke. 

10 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I was convinced he'd be here next year a few weeks back but this display from start to finish was as inept a coached performance as I can recall. 

There is a lot of money players arriving and quite a few of the current lot look as if they are not playing for CL football next year because they will be elsewhere.  At least that is how it looked today (not at all recent games).

Lampard?