• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Sheffield United 3 Chelsea 0

JaneB   
7 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

If you remember the filthy Scum had a rubbish defence and just the addition of one player was enough to energise the whole team. Maybe we don’t need wholesale change, just one player that knows what the hell he’s doing. Could we just end the season now please, I feel like flushing my own head down the toilet after that performance.

Please don't but the image did make me giggle.

One player who could be a captain and leader on the field and put a bomb up the backsides of the others when they needed it.

Holymoly   
1 minute ago, Never happy said:

Lampard says he learnt a lot after that game...Really?

We need to employ a defense coach?

GURJ SS   
19 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

To be fair, our problem is not just about laying the goal for the opposition. We lack any creativity. That is a bigger problem, imho. That is what Kante was being hammered for. How many shots on target did we have today?. 

I agree mate... When I look at our team in recent games I just get the feeling that it looks like Lamps has used a football manager game to make his decisions. It's like if he puts on enough attacking players then hopefully he can score more than the opposition, he's closer to Wenger than Jose with his approach to football which is bizarre. Positions aren't looked at, tactics are thrown out the window, it's like he looks at ability stats like I used to do playing LMA on the PS2 or something.

We're facing a team with 3 central midfielders, the bare minimum is to play 2 central midfielders, Lamps goes for Jorginho on his own and pushes both Mount and Barkley forwards, we were always going to lose the midfield. We were setup to lose from that alone, and then the rest of the blunders just extended the scoreline.

As a defender myself some may feel I'm being bias in saying this, but if your attacking teammates don't do enough then sooner or later your defence will always fold; our's folds much sooner than it should do but the attack really needs to take the pressure off them. Lamps needs to go back to basics, get Kante, Jorginho and Kovacic in that midfield asap, give it a balance of ball winning and ball retention, then look to build from there; by bringing in players in midfield who are team players and comfortable playing in the centre of the pitch it'll take pressure off the defence.

Edited by GURJ SS

1 minute ago, Droy was my hero said:

Sure - but I'm not sure the club have any intention of giving anyone time.  Next season we could have £200m of new talent on the books in a season where many top teams will be non-buyers or even net-sellers 

And I will accept that Lamps is "out of his depth" if next year we continue to suck as badly as we did today after a fair bit of investment into the backline has taken place.

I would be the first to hold my hand up and say that he has got to go. Poor prep aside, he is working with some really average defenders.

3 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Not giving the guy a pass - giving the guy time.

That would be nice for a change, wouldn't it?

Fact is, we dont look as organized defensively as we should be but ALSO fact is that we are making individual errors as well.

If we look to assign blame to anyone, yes the defensive set up isn't great but how can Lampard change Rudiger's error today or Christensen completely switching off?

The team AND management will have to do better. But only someone delusional wouldn't identify that there are blatantly areas that can be improved easily in this side.

I understand but Christensen has been playing like this for weeks, never gets dropped. 

I'm telling you and you can quote me on this if it goes wrong, replace Christensen and our collective defending will improve regardless of who you replace him with. 

Kezza   

Barkley. Can't wait to dispose.

Mason. Not a wide player. Nor creative. But we expect him to be create.

Pulisic and Willian. Takes responsibilities but no end product.

Reece James. Not all that. Only knows to deliver good crosses. Can't break the lines or not penetrative enough. No Alexander-Arnold.

Kepa. Grows roots. No presence. Looks like a Man Utd loanee and Dean Henderson the 75M player.

RLC and Odoi. Not worth all the faith the club and fans have bigged them up to be. Supposed to be key creative players for the club but can't ever establish themselves. Havertz can't come soon enough. Enough with the sentiments.

JaneB   
1 minute ago, Holymoly said:

We need to employ a defense coach?

And we all know who that should be.  But will Lamps be brave enough to bring him back, or even be here to bring him back?

Blue Rod   
10 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Because we have conceded 49 goals. Ten more than last year with 3 games to go.

If we scored lots of goals only to be let down  by our defence, your argument would make sense. The same coaching that makes our midfield and attacking line sh*t is the same coaching that makes our defemce shiite. 

For every 10 seconds that the defence f**ks up, the attacking set up f**ks up 10 minutes. 

Holymoly   
1 minute ago, JaneB said:

And we all know who that should be.  But will Lamps be brave enough to bring him back, or even be here to bring him back?

He's not done too brilliantly at AV to be fair.

2 minutes ago, JaneB said:

JT is obviously trying to carve out his own path. 

I don't know how I would feel if my mate who I was captain of for years suddenly tried to make me his assistant.

Best to keep it separate. Business and friendships dont generally mix.