• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Sheffield United 3 Chelsea 0

paulw66   
Just now, Kezza said:

We sure did place a lot of faith in RLC and Odoi being those, didn't we? 

Both came on when the game was dead.

1 minute ago, paulw66 said:

Both came on when the game was dead.

And played like the walking dead. 

paulw66   
Just now, Mark Kelly said:

And played like the walking dead. 

Are they really to blame for today? Or the defensive shambles at Palace or West Ham?

chelboy   
1 minute ago, Kezza said:

We sure did place a lot of faith in RLC and Odoi being those, didn't we? Lots were expected for the return to fitness and injuries for both. Both have returned and now not good enough to impact anything. Who's at fault? Don't think its because the club lack creative players. It's creative players who failed to step up.

Who expected any of those to be elite creators? At this stage too? No one did. It was evident at the start of the season we dont have any elite playmakers that can unlock defences consistently. So we have to basically work the ball into wide areas and get play from there. If we want to play better through the middle and in half spaces then we need better playmakers. It’s as simple as that. Can’t make players do things they can’t do. 

5 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Are they really to blame for today? Or the defensive shambles at Palace or West Ham?

Course not it was a joke 

4 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

The blame game is a pointless one, imo. The issues are more systemic. We have challenges so far as the individual abilities of each of our defensive players go, but it is very clear imo they are not being adequately coached. I imagine the coaches themselves despair at whatever it is they are doing not producing (at least the intended) results.

paulw66   
4 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

The blame game is a pointless one, imo. The issues are more systemic. We have challenges so far as the individual abilities of each of our defensive players go, but it is very clear imo they are not being adequately coached. I imagine the coaches themselves despair at whatever it is they are doing not producing (at least the intended) results.

Yes, one wonders what they do in training 

Blue Rod   
27 minutes ago, chelboy said:

How did Sheff score? From crosses. Have you not been seeing us cross the ball 100 times during our past games? Sheff defended the crosses better. That was the main difference in the game. 

They scored different kinds of goals. The cross didn't come out of nowhere, or did I 

59 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I understand but Christensen has been playing like this for weeks, never gets dropped. 

I'm telling you and you can quote me on this if it goes wrong, replace Christensen and our collective defending will improve regardless of who you replace him with. 

Christensen isn’t my cup of tea as this league doesn’t suit him but who’s the other option? Rudiger? I’d rather play a midfielder as CB than Rudy. He’s that terrible. 

Kezza   
33 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

The likes of Cech at the club albeit a different role can't impact trainings to improve Kepa.

Lampard himself can't improve Barkley.

And someone suggested JT to improve defence.

It is evidently not a lack of training issue.