• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Sheffield United 3 Chelsea 0

Jasonb   
10 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

The thing I find odd is that although Jorginho has been replaced by Kante or a teenager, we have continued to play the same pass the ball to and from the Deep CM that we did with Jorginho.  It is as though we are as much a Sarri-ball team as before.  Dropping Jorginho while the team got used to playing a different way - that would make some sense.  Maybe the plan is to replace Jorginho next year with a similar player at a similar level (if one exists - Frank get your boots on).

I think you mean we still play it around at the back waiting until a CB or FB hits a diagonal out to the wing to find a more advanced player.

Occasionally Kepa kicks it. 

Not the worst way to try and get up the pitch yet agree it has the feel of a Sarri move.

It’s going to be a hard game . Another high scoring game 4-2 Chelsea  , Chelsea’s goal scorers 2 from pulisic Loftus-Cheek and Tammy . Utds goals mcgoldrick gettings his first premiership goal and 42 year old billy Sharp with the other 

Edited by Aussie1979
  • Haha 1

paulw66   

We play first this weekend versus Man Utd and Leicester. Great opportunity to apply some pressure. 

Win this, and we will have a stranglehold on top 4. 

56 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

We play first this weekend versus Man Utd and Leicester. Great opportunity to apply some pressure. 

Win this, and we will have a stranglehold on top 4. 

They have a couple of major players back from injury now and seem to have turned the corner after a dodgy couple of games. This will be a tough, tough fixture. Your right, a win here and we leave ourselves in a very strong position. Really hope we have at least one of Kova, Kante and Jorginho for this one, this will be a real battle. 

Jasonb   
2 hours ago, Willian Dollar Baby said:

On the subject of playmakers stuck on the bench, I certainly felt Diego's pain here. 

Interesting getting a little insight into Costa and Conte.

10 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

Interesting getting a little insight into Costa and Conte.

I' would love Cesc back , absolutely love it.

paulw66   
4 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I' would love Cesc back , absolutely love it.

Really? 33 now..... not sure where he would fit now, especially if Havertz comes 

Edited by paulw66

Will be a tricky one this and I think we may see a slight change in approach from Frank if Kante is fit - I can see him going for Kante and Jorginho as a 2, rather than 1 central and two number 8's.

Could probably do with Alonso's height, but not sure if Frank will trust him defensively. I would go with:

Kepa

James  Christensen  Zouma  Azpilicueta

Kante(if fit)  Jorginho

Willian  Mount  Pulisic

Giroud

If Kante isn't fit, then Mount/Barkley may be asked to play a deeper role or he may try Gilmour and Jorginho together, but not sure that would work.

Not easy, but a win here would put us in a really strong position!

paulw66   

No Kante, Kovacic or Billy (out for the season) 

over to you, Jorgi boy