• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Sheffield United 3 Chelsea 0

10 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Just watched Frank's post match interview on Chelsea TV and I have to say he had the air of a frustrated man. He didn't shun his responsibilities however he also alluded to the fact the defense isn't good enough, that they don't play the way they told in training. He wasn't throwing anyone under the bus but reading between the lines you get the feeling that a lot of the  players are going to be given some hard truths and that if they don't screw their heads on properly they will be off the squad come next season. He certainly wasn't ruling out the possibility of new defenders in place come September.

The trouble with Frank is he talks a great game but whatever ideas he has about anything don't appear to be being listened to. 

Personally I cannot wait until the day Willian is shown the door I'm of the opinion based on his performances that he is a loud voice in the dressing room, I am in no doubt that he does not want to play with Tammy as he makes absolutely no effort to interact with him during a game but throw on Giroud and bingo, his eyes light up and he starts playing. 

Giroud moaned earlier in the season about "little Tammy" getting picked in front of him, maybe they don't rate Frank and Frank feels its his remit/duty to play the kids and in doing so has put the senior pros noses out of joint? 

Frank is at a point in time where there is such a collective malaise defensively that the players must be thinking one mistake and I'm out as that's what's been happening unless your Christensen all season. 

I cannot see Bournemouth beating Leicester or even getting out of their own half for that matter and United urged on by the collective of SKY, The Premier League and the PGMOL all who have a vested interest in the "best league in the World" will be waved through into the top four by yet more soft penalties and dodgy VAR decisions. 

So all in all I think we're done for and we need a serious rebuild of the defence, you could argue we need six players to improve anything. 

Sheffield Uniteds team man for man is, weaker than ours but collectively they all know their jobs and what's expected of them. 

Ours are weaker collectively and that's on the attitude of the fancy Dan, think they're better than they are players and sadly, Frank's inability to sort them out. 

Today they were embarrassed. 

Let's hope they don't like the feeling. 

chelboy   
12 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

We had David Luiz last season.

People can say what they want about him but I loved him and thought he was class. This season shows how good he was.

Perhaps his leadership skills were undervalued. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I cannot see Bournemouth beating Leicester or even getting out of their own half for that matter

Leicester have got:

Bournemouth A, Sheff Utd H, Tottenham A and United H.

Thats a very difficult run-in. Bournemouth are probably the easiest of the lot.

Who knows how things turn out but whatever people may think, a Champions League place would be a huge success for us.

We didn't look well prepared today, clearly, but Frank has changed things all season and we have bounced back invariably after defeats.

• Like 1

Not denigrating BLM in any way, but strange that we lose a 1966 cup winner and no one minutes silence. Zip. Be interesting to see what Utd do at Monday’s match.

I honestly don’t get why Frank persists with Azpi at left back. It’s not as if Reece James is outperforming. We just look so out of kilter. We clearly have issues at centre-half and it’s a big problem when your defensive midfielders are out injured. So why make things worse? 

What’s with Abraham? Hudson-Odoi? You’d think they’d come back fit and strong. Looks like they haven’t been near a ball in six months. Loftus Cheek I can understand. Only Pulisic and Willian look like they’re up to speed. Barklay still struggles to impose himself. And he’s one of our better players. It’s all a bit of a mess.

I think Lampard should just play the percentages in games like this. Match them physically. Start Giroud. And get Alonso and Azpi to feed him crosses. Hope that Pulisic and Willian can combine. Instead we got hit with two first-half sucker punches and it was game over. We can’t afford any more performances like today’s. It wasn’t good enough and Frank knows it.

DannyLB   
3 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I understand but Christensen has been playing like this for weeks, never gets dropped. 

I'm telling you and you can quote me on this if it goes wrong, replace Christensen and our collective defending will improve regardless of who you replace him with. 

Well he got dropped today for Rudiger second half and the outcome was just as bad. There’s no quality CB at Chelsea. 

Ham   
1 hour ago, blue moon said:

Not denigrating BLM in any way, but strange that we lose a 1966 cup winner and no one minutes silence. Zip. Be interesting to see what Utd do at Monday’s match.

I'm sure there was a minute's silence at Chelsea today. 

Performances like today’s are why I was hoping the season would be declared void. We were incredibly lucky to be in fourth place before the lockdown. Things were only going to get worse. 

Ham   
3 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Performances like today’s are why I was hoping the season would be declared void. We were incredibly lucky to be in fourth place before the lockdown. Things were only going to get worse. 

Screenshot_20200712-002746_Google.jpg

• Haha 1