• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Sheffield United 3 Chelsea 0

Blue Rod   
9 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Not Frank the manager's biggest supporter, But Jody frankly has done nothing as a player or a coach.       6 months younger than Lampard he made his debut 1 week later but his England U21 debut a year earlier. Chelsea young player of the year at 18   he was I recall rated higher as a prospect than JT at the time.

As a coach Jody simply got a few decent set of results with by far the best set of kids available in this country.

He's won a trophy as a manager which is 100% more than Frank's.  I think you're confusing management and playing. Strange that you of all people should credit "decent players" for a manager's success.  

Blue Rod   
16 minutes ago, Ham said:

So Frank's experience as a world class player and relationships with world class coaches trump's Jody's youth team experience in terms of what he has to offer?

Great players don't always make great coaches.  In fact they rarely do. Relationship with world class coaches has no manning whatsoever in terms of being a good manager. 

1 hour ago, Blue Rod said:

We have not been playing well for a long time but somehow managed to get some results. Frank hasn't changed a single thing.  He's changed players and we've come out playing exactly the same football all season. I suspect that players are now cheesed off by the constant notion or insinuation that they are to blame whenever we don't play well.  I never believed that was the case. 

We don't look like a team that is  coached with ideas, roles and tactics on the pitch. I would like to see what playing changes Frank is going to make.  Substitutions are cheap. 

Aren't you tired of blaming the manager year in year out like a broken record?

Seriously.. I remember you taking shots at JM, Hiddink when he came in, Conte, Sarri and now with SFL.

And its always the same thing too - that they aren't supposedly able to "change" our football.

I don't think any of these managers are magicians. You work with what you have and you keep them in the mix for as long as you realistically can.

Conte struggled for top 4. Sarri came in and snuck into the top 4. SFL comes in and we are struggling for top 4 and its because he is out of his depth???

5 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

We had David Luiz last season.

People can say what they want about him but I loved him and thought he was class. This season shows how good he was.

Either that or Arsenal’s season shows how good he is.

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

I'm sure the players have said this - they worked well together as players, I don't think that they are particularly close as friends.

I definitely read and heard Frank say in interviews Frank that he's on pretty good terms with JT, Cech and Ashley. I believe Drogba as well. 

I just don't think it would be comfortable for 2 very accomplished former teammates, one the captain and the other the vice captain, both with huge egos, to work together like that in opposite roles. The assistant manager, IMO, has to have a less dominant personality.

JT certainly has a very dominant personality. Hell, half the time I get the feeling that Aston Villa would do better with him in charge! 

We have a defensive crisis right now. We have some “decent” defenders. However, Azpi is probably past his very best, Alonso is good going forwards and a liability going backwards. Zouma is exactly what he has always been - Everton standard. Rudiger flattered to deceive and has proved to be somewhat unreliable. Emerson ditto. Christensen, the most frustrating of all - 4 years in top leagues and very little improvement. Tomori and James need 2 more years before they could be considered good enough. You could make an argument for replacing them all except Tomori and James. 

One can only hope that the transfer committee has different idea's on player recruitment to the ones currently circulating in the press.

6 hours ago, Original 21 said:

Performances like today’s are why I was hoping the season would be declared void. We were incredibly lucky to be in fourth place before the lockdown. Things were only going to get worse. 

These are my feelings exactly. 

That was insipid. I think that was our worst performance of the season on the basis that I don't feel like we came close to scoring once all game.

Rob B   

If you go back through our defeats this season, generally speaking, the next game has been followed up with a win.

I’m hoping Frank gets stuck right into them so they come out all guns blazing against Norwich as I get the feeling Frank can be too nice at times. 

Given Leicester’s run-in, 6 points from our last 3 games will possibly be enough and whilst we may be limping over the line, every single one of us would have taken that at the start of the season having lost Hazard and Luiz and not been able to replace them. 

As fans, we need to be patient because this is Frank & Jody’s first season in the PL and they would have learned a lot.  It took Klopp four years and he was already an experienced, reputable manager. 

chelboy   
8 hours ago, Original 21 said:

Performances like today’s are why I was hoping the season would be declared void. We were incredibly lucky to be in fourth place before the lockdown. Things were only going to get worse. 

Our form before lockdown was actually worse than after lockdown. 5 wins out of 7 since the restart. Before that we couldn’t even string back-to-back wins. Last time we won back to back was November....