• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Sheffield United 3 Chelsea 0

40 minutes ago, Bison said:
Pathetic. It's like having a child playing in an adult game.

Nonsense. 
2-0 up and it would be stupid.

2-0 down, and the DM is playing a high press role not a defensive slow the man down role.

Terrible. Nothing more to say from me at the moment, I just want to move on and not dwell on it. Fair play to Sheff United, they were incredibly well organised, every man knew what they had to do and they did it.

Our defending is simply appalling, individually and as a unit. Rudiger is a joke.

Let's hope 9.30 tomorrow morning brings good news.

17 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Nonsense. 

2-0 down, and the DM is playing a high press role not a defensive slow the man down role.

I don't think they're complaining about what role he's playing rather than the fact a journeyman striker leaves him for dead with the most rudimentary piece of skill. 

I like Jorginho personally but that is dreadful, bring him down don't let him brush you aside like a child. 

Bison   
28 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Nonsense. 

Nonsense indeed.

2-0 down or 5-0 up, no senior pro should get beaten that easily and left for dust.

“I learnt a lot. I won’t forget that,” said the Chelsea manager

Not sure I like the sound of that  - sounds a bit menacing.
Robert de Niro does a motivation speech a bit like that in The Untouchables.

I once atttended an team conference of colleagues across Europe.  The boss decided to use this clip for his motivational speech.

33 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I don't think they're complaining about what role he's playing rather than the fact a journeyman striker leaves him for dead with the most rudimentary piece of skill. 

I like Jorginho personally but that is dreadful, bring him down don't let him brush you aside like a child. 

If you have to rush out of your position to chase lost causes, you're going to he made to look silly. 

That clip says a lot about the nature of desperately chasing a game and nothing about the specific player.

16 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

If you have to rush out of your position to chase lost causes, you're going to he made to look silly. 

Especially if you have the turning circle of an oil tanker and the leg speed of a tortoise. 

• Haha 3

chara   

Just a thought or two....the present squad are not good enough to succeed in the top Euro competition....even with new signings I doubt that Chelsea would make a great impact next season there....I understand the financial aspect but Chelsea are a side in a rebuilding mode having somehow survived a very difficult season with youngsters thrown in and more senior players..well..getting more senior....the clamour for a top four qualification spot is more a case of club pride and support...laudable as it is....but far better to bring on a side with slightly less pressure in the "Thursday" league than struggle and slip out of the top competition.

If SFL does not show an improvement and way forward next season then get the knives out.....until late next season keep opinion options open....as we all do I love SFL and he will always be the playing hero but in his new job he has to show he can do it..same as any new manager in any job....I have my doubts about Jody and would not be surprised to see him move on....my impression is that he is a good coach in the way any journeyman EPL player is a good player...good enough to play at the top but really not a top player.

Most of the youngsters in a "normal" season would have been eased in and given game experience on a personal ability basis and opinion of the coaching staff...neither the coaching staff or the youngsters themselves have had that luxury this season and SFL and staff have had to make the best of a bad situation.

With JT all of the maligned back line would have performed better...and looking back they all did with JT..including Luis...but JT was an exceptional player in his position and there have never been that many in that position at any time.

Take positives from the season,few though they may be, and hope new signings and flexibility will lead to a better showing next season.

Remember Villa Norwich and Bournmouth would give anything to have had such a "bad" season as Chelsea.

Last word..R.I.P Big Jack...a worthy opponent top player and the epitome of a CH..and I have Leeds at the top of my "black list"!

• Like 2