• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Sheffield United 3 Chelsea 0

1 minute ago, The_Ghost said:

Fabinho*, Keita*,  Allison*, Shaqiri*,  Solanke, Salah*, Robertson, Oxlade-Chamberlain*, Van Dijk*, Karius, Matip, Mane*, Klavan, Wijnaldum*, Minamino, Grujic. 

Disagree with this. Most players he has signed has been very good to excellent signings given price and expected squad role. Only Shaqiri of the 10m+ signings can be said to be a slight disappointment (players denoted by *). 

I’ve been banging on about this for a while. If you want to build a team you need to give the manager time or an unlimited transfer budget. Liverpool has made some absolutely ridiculously good signings over the last five years with very few mistakes or wasted money. We on the other hand have failed with most of our business. 

Since the summer of 2014 we have spent 780m (gross spend) and only Fabregas, Costa, Kante and Pulisic can be said to have been successes. That’s absolutely shambolic. Whoever is making these decisions has made an awful job. 

Damn you Conte! 

4 hours ago, chelboy said:

Wow. Just wow. Christensen, Rudiger and Kepa... They’re  supposed to be our defensive trio and they are all absolute ****. 

I don’t care what offensive player we sign. As long as one of those three is starting for us we’re ****ed. 

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Damn you Conte! 

He, among a few others, is a big culprit. He set us back YEARS.

Was given a 180m EUR transfer kitty for one season Italy and is still being beaten by Lazio. I bet if you ask him he doesn’t think the Inter board has backed him enough. W*****

7 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Wow. Just wow. Christensen, Rudiger and Kepa... They’re  supposed to be our defensive trio and they are all absolute ****. 

I don’t care what offensive player we sign. As long as one of those three is starting for us we’re ****ed. 

Was given a 180m EUR transfer kitty for one season Italy and is still being beaten by Lazio. I bet if you ask him he doesn’t think the Inter board has backed him enough. Wanker. 

I don't think he had any hand in signing those three wasters though. 

Just now, Mark Kelly said:

Rudiger?
I like Rudiger, and think he is sometimes unfairly targeted. Probably the best of all Conte's purchases.   But a player from Roma signed in summer 2017 is pretty obviously a Conte signing.
Unless you know of a Chelsea scout that regularly watches Italian football.

And while Conte did not buy Christensen he gave him plenty of time, as Frank has done (but not Sarri).

30 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Fabinho*, Keita*,  Allison*, Shaqiri*,  Solanke, Salah*, Robertson, Oxlade-Chamberlain*, Van Dijk*, Karius, Matip, Mane*, Klavan, Wijnaldum*, Minamino, Grujic. 

Disagree with this. Most players he has signed has been very good to excellent signings given price and expected squad role. Only Shaqiri of the 10m+ signings can be said to be a slight disappointment (players denoted by *). 

That's 16 players, every website I've seen when searching 'every Klopp Liverpool signing' lists 23. The 'averages' and 'forgettables'.

Which isn't a criticism, because I'd agree Klopp's signings have tended to be good  and especially when significant money has been spent; if you think we disagree there, you're reading a criticism I'm not making. All I'm suggesting is the more prosaic point that a complete rebuild is always going to involve some signings not working out or adding much. 

We've definitely pissed a lot of money up the wall in recent years. Looking at the list of Klopp's Liverpool signings, what strikes me as the big difference between us is they don't seem to have made as many attempts to fix short-term issues or push nearly-there first XIs over the finish line. Which goes some way to explaining why Liverpool weren't even close to us in terms of winning silverware for the first 3 years of Klopp's time and why we're so far behind now.

(I have the, ahem, pleasure of being friends with several Liverpool fans who don't have much time for Keita or Oxlade-Chamberlain and wouldn't have them as good or excellent signings.)

7 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Rudiger?
I like Rudiger, and think he is sometimes unfairly targeted. Probably the best of all Conte's purchases.   But a player from Roma signed in summer 2017 is pretty obviously a Conte signing.
Unless you know of a Chelsea scout that regularly watches Italian football.

And while Conte did not buy Christensen he gave him plenty of time, as Frank has done (but not Sarri).

Actually as I've often said my belief is Rudiger is being made to look worse as he's playing with Christensen. 

Christensen is the culprit. 

But Frank won't drop him for some reason. 

27 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Rudiger 100% and he rather played Christensen over JT. I’ve said for years Christensen will never amount no anything at top level football. He’s an average European defender and should ply his trade in Germany or Holland - not in the Premier League. 

12 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

That's 16 players, every website I've seen when searching 'every Klopp Liverpool signing' lists 23. The 'averages' and 'forgettables'.

Which isn't a criticism, because I'd agree Klopp's signings have tended to be good  and especially when significant money has been spent; if you think we disagree there, you're reading a criticism I'm not making. All I'm suggesting is the more prosaic point that a complete rebuild is always going to involve some signings not working out or adding much. 

We've definitely pissed a lot of money up the wall in recent years. Looking at the list of Klopp's Liverpool signings, what strikes me as the big difference between us is they don't seem to have made as many attempts to fix short-term issues or push nearly-there first XIs over the finish line. Which goes some way to explaining why Liverpool weren't even close to us in terms of winning silverware for the first 3 years of Klopp's time and why we're so far behind now.

(I have the, ahem, pleasure of being friends with several Liverpool fans who don't have much time for Keita or Oxlade-Chamberlain and wouldn't have them as good or excellent signings.)

The players I listed was reasonably 1st team signings. Of course he would have made a few that was not signings for the first team. But still, not too many who have cost more than 10m and out of those nearly all have been good signings for them. 

Edited by The_Ghost

9 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Rudiger 100% and he rather played Christensen over JT. I’ve said for years Christensen will never amount no anything at top level football. He’s an average European defender and should ply his trade in Germany or Holland - not in the Premier League. 

I've been saying the same about Christensen for ages. 

He's hopeless. 

JaneB   
47 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Was given a 180m EUR transfer kitty for one season Italy and is still being beaten by Lazio. I bet if you ask him he doesn’t think the Inter board has backed him enough. W*****

He might well be but no need to spell it out, as well you know.