• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Sheffield United 3 Chelsea 0

Ham   

Played our get out of jail free card.

Soyuncu banned for Leicester with Spurs, Sheffield United and Man United to play.

4-1 now😆

Quite. At one nil, was summoned to watch antiques road show. Glad I sneaked back. Can we have Åke and Solanke back please? 4:1

Blue Rod   
31 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Actually as I've often said my belief is Rudiger is being made to look worse as he's playing with Christensen. 

Christensen is the culprit. 

But Frank won't drop him for some reason. 

Some of the criticism of Rudiger is totally unjustified. The entire team is failing as a footballing unit. Our midfielders and strikers are making 10 times more mistakes upfield than our defenders or poor Kepa. For them, the consequence is often not mustering a single shot on target for 90 min, whereas for Rudiger or Kepa it's a goal. And if Liverpool and Manchester City were playing as poorly as our team, their defenders would make as many mistakes. 

chelboy   
46 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Rudiger?
I like Rudiger, and think he is sometimes unfairly targeted. Probably the best of all Conte's purchases.   But a player from Roma signed in summer 2017 is pretty obviously a Conte signing.
Unless you know of a Chelsea scout that regularly watches Italian football.

And while Conte did not buy Christensen he gave him plenty of time, as Frank has done (but not Sarri).

It doesn’t take much to be the best Conte purchase. Zappa Morata Bakayoko Drinkwater Emerson....

1 hour ago, The_Ghost said:

Wow. Just wow. Christensen, Rudiger and Kepa... They’re  supposed to be our defensive trio and they are all absolute ****. 

I don’t care what offensive player we sign. As long as one of those three is starting for us we’re ****ed. 

He, among a few others, is a big culprit. He set us back YEARS.

Was given a 180m EUR transfer kitty for one season Italy and is still being beaten by Lazio. I bet if you ask him he doesn’t think the Inter board has backed him enough. W*****

Interesting thing is both Rudiger and Christensen contracts expire in 2 years and there has been no talk of extensions. I guess Lamps has probably told them to hold off until the end of the season. One is likely to be sold this season. 

10 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

or poor Kepa.

Poor.... He's worse than poor....

27 minutes ago, Ham said:

Played our get out of jail free card.

Soyuncu banned for Leicester with Spurs, Sheffield United and Man United to play.

4-1 now😆

Cancels out yesterday's nightmare. Massive result for us.

19 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

As a coach Jody simply got a few decent set of results with by far the best set of kids available in this country.

Which explains why they prematurely went with the suicidal 4-2-4 setup (or effectively a 4-0-5 given Jorginho was a one man ghost in midfield) with 15 mins plus injury time left at 0-2 down: it must have worked a treat many times at the youth level where our kids are vastly better than the 'underdogs' at that level.

At the EPL level, any experienced manager will know that the difference on any given day is small margins between the top and the last team.

Edited by MikelBlue

I don't think any of Kepa, Christensen or Rudiger are poor players, I just think none of them are good enough for a title challenging side.

I think one of Zouma or Tomori (probably Tomori if the plan is to have 2x ball playing defenders) is good enough to be CB2. Kepa is not as good as Cudicini, who we had as our GK2 for a while (and who, before his motorcycle crash, was a great GK1).

I like Alonso as a wing back. He lacks pace but he has a mighty strike on him and takes a wicked free kick. I don't think he is good enough defensively as a left back.

As many have said, I think to challenge we'll need to replace 3 out of 5 of the "back 5". Our current defence is not even a top 4 defence.

Thank god for Leicester. Chelsea v Leicester in the battle for who can bottle it harder!

Edited by Whataloadofballacks
Typo

bONes   
34 minutes ago, Whataloadofballacks said:

I don't think any of Kepa, Christensen or Rudiger are poor players, I just think none of them are good enough for a title challenging side.

I think one of Zouma or Tomori (probably Tomori if the plan is to have 2x ball playing defenders) is good enough to be CB2. Kepa is not as good as Cudicini, who we had as our GK2 for a while (and who, before his motorcycle crash, was a great GK1).

I like Alonso as a wing back. He lacks pace but he has a mighty strike on him and takes a wicked free kick. I don't think he is good enough defensively as a left back.

As many have said, I think to challenge we'll need to replace 3 out of 5 of the "back 5". Our current defence is not even a top 4 defence.

Thank god for Leicester. Chelsea v Leicester in the battle for who can bottle it harder!

Very well summed up

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

I've been saying the same about Christensen for ages. 

He's hopeless. 

He is hopeless. But so is all of our defenders apart from James, Tomori (potential) and Azpi (ability and experience). The rest we can sell as far as I’m concerned. 

1 hour ago, chelboy said:

It doesn’t take much to be the best Conte purchase. Zappa Morata Bakayoko Drinkwater Emerson....

Interesting thing is both Rudiger and Christensen contracts expire in 2 years and there has been no talk of extensions. I guess Lamps has probably told them to hold off until the end of the season. One is likely to be sold this season. 

True. 

Neither of them deserves a new contract and both should be sold/shipped. 

39 minutes ago, Whataloadofballacks said:

I suppose that depends what you define as being “poor”. They are all poor players for a top four side and even worse for a title challenging side. 

Whats clear is that none of them will ever win a prem title unless it’s with us (against all odds).