• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Sheffield United 3 Chelsea 0

3 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

That makes 3 I have counted who believe that.
Anyone else?

The fact that he came off the bench only when we were on our absolute knees against Palace I think makes it clear he's not supposed to be picked; Frank has resorted to throwing on players he doesn't seem to have much interest in much quicker in the past.

chelboy   
57 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

No  if he leaves all but about 3 people will assume that he was not picked because a move was being planned.
I suppose if he leaves and goes to Bournemouth you have a point, but if he leaves and goes to Juve you will be in the same class as those that claimed we sacked Sarri because he was rubbish.

I don’t think everyone shares that idea. We have been playing with one DM for most games since the restart. Before that a majority of our games were played with two DM’s.

I don’t believe Sarri was sacked but I don’t believe the board were sad to see him go either. It saved them from a potential toxic situation. 

1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

The fact that he came off the bench only when we were on our absolute knees against Palace I think makes it clear he's not supposed to be picked; Frank has resorted to throwing on players he doesn't seem to have much interest in much quicker in the past.

And Gilmour apparently was on one knee - the other being crocked for 6 weeks or more.  The other guys still on the bench were: Caballero, Alonso, Rudiger, Pedro Bats and CHO.
Given he got 80 mins I think it is fair to say SFL presumed Gilmour would finish the game.

25 minutes ago, chelboy said:

I don’t think everyone shares that idea. We have been playing with one DM for most games since the restart. Before that a majority of our games were played with two DM’s.

I can't think of any such games.

26 minutes ago, chelboy said:

I don’t believe Sarri was sacked but I don’t believe the board were sad to see him go either. It saved them from a potential toxic situation. 

I really don't get this at all.  Everything I have seen implies that Sarri was highly thought of throughout the club, and it was out of respect to him that an exception was made for him to return to Italy to the biggest club.
The only toxic thing was a tiny part of the fans that got very ****** about him for no good reason.  
it is true that when asked about Sarri leaving the club were not openly as supportive as they might have been for a manager staying.  I think that caused some false gossip amongst fans.
Much as with Fatty, the club made no real effort to keep the fans onside - they knew a club hero was returning and no one was about to complain.

Had Sarri left and gone to Bournemouth it would be a reasonable claim to make that he was pushed out.  But Juve is Juve especially for an Italian, (and Ronaldo is Ronaldo).

1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

And Gilmour apparently was on one knee - the other being crocked for 6 weeks or more.  The other guys still on the bench were: Caballero, Alonso, Rudiger, Pedro Bats and CHO.
Given he got 80 mins I think it is fair to say SFL presumed Gilmour would finish the game.

25 minutes ago, chelboy said:

I can't think of any such games.

26 minutes ago, chelboy said:

I really don't get this at all.  Everything I have seen implies that Sarri was highly thought of throughout the club, and it was out of respect to him that an exception was made for him to return to Italy to the biggest club.
The only toxic thing was a tiny part of the fans that got very ****** about him for no good reason.  
it is true that when asked about Sarri leaving the club were not openly as supportive as they might have been for a manager staying.  I think that caused some false gossip amongst fans.
Much as with Fatty, the club made no real effort to keep the fans onside - they knew a club hero was returning and no one was about to complain.

Had Sarri left and gone to Bournemouth it would be a reasonable claim to make that he was pushed out.  But Juve is Juve especially for an Italian, (and Ronaldo is Ronaldo).

Don't know what to believe to be honest, but seeing more and more on Twitter about City being exonerated, in which case we'd need to finish in the top four to make CL...

Edited by Bridge Soldier

18 minutes ago, Bridge Soldier said:

Starting to look like City have been exonerated, in which case we'll need to finish in the top four to make CL... even more important we win tomorrow.

To be honest coming 5th and qualifying on a technicality would always have felt like a bit of a damp squib. We win our final 4 games, which is hugely unlikely, and we will end on 72 points which in most seasons might just get you 4th place. All of our competitors have flopped this year with United only now looking a good side, we are fortunate to be in 3rd place. With the remaining games I think we will just about hold on however I think it will be Leicester that drops out. 

Blue Rod   
6 hours ago, Willian Dollar Baby said:

To be honest coming 5th and qualifying on a technicality would always have felt like a bit of a damp squib. We win our final 4 games, which is hugely unlikely, and we will end on 72 points which in most seasons might just get you 4th place. All of our competitors have flopped this year with United only now looking a good side, we are fortunate to be in 3rd place. With the remaining games I think we will just about hold on however I think it will be Leicester that drops out. 

With all the investment we're making for next season,  not playing CL would be hard for club and fans.  But right now I can't even make any prediction how we end the season. The football we're playing barely looks like CL quality.

All our young players,  with the exception of Pulusic are going south with their performance. It's too late now to fire up the older boys. Even Willian doesn't convince in his commitment despite talks of a new contract. As for the performance of the manager, I think we're in for a tedious journey, CL qualification or not. 

13 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I do love a chuckle first thing in the morning :0)

16 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

130k per week probably, which I doubt he will get anywhere else with the exception being he was reunited with the buffoon at Juve.

Can you imagine him ending up at Juve?

First, Sarri goes there and wins the league and then Jorginho goes too. I mean how is it possible that either could end up at one of the biggest clubs on the planet? It can't be can it? How can that possibly happen when one is a clueless buffoon and the other the most useless midfielder the world has ever seen. No way either could possibly end up at one of Europe's elite.

Getting Sarri so wrong is one thing and I think most now quietly admit they did get him badly wrong but to get a player so, so wrong just because you got the manager wrong is on another level.

45 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Can you imagine him ending up at Juve?

Jorginho can play for a team on hackney marshes if they cough up 50 million in the summer.

BTW - if you had read the entire topic you may have spotted, that  I have been supporting Jorginho inclusion in the team. Today match is a must win and the team needs Jorginho's guile out there to unlock united's back line.