• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Sheffield United 3 Chelsea 0

9 hours ago, Blue Rod said:

With all the investment we're making for next season,  not playing CL would be hard for club and fans.  But right now I can't even make any prediction how we end the season. The football we're playing barely looks like CL quality.

All our young players,  with the exception of Pulusic are going south with their performance. It's too late now to fire up the older boys. Even Willian doesn't convince in his commitment despite talks of a new contract. As for the performance of the manager, I think we're in for a tedious journey, CL qualification or not. 

Willian has been absolutely outstanding since the restart, seems pretty committed to me. Our POTY in my opinion. Incredibly underrated player especially by his own fans. 

3 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

I do love a chuckle first thing in the morning :0)

Not so much fun to wake up to an ostrich bum sticking up with its head in the sand  :)  Especially when its been there for 12 months now.

Bison   

This is the make or break game. We have to win this otherwise we are completely screwed considering we have Liverpool away and Wolves as our last two.

Anything less than 6 points today and from Norwich would be a disaster.

Arkie   

This one should be an easy win.

If Sheffield were a relegation candidate who struggles whole season with scoring and defending that would be a different story though...

• Haha 1

chelboy   
10 minutes ago, Bison said:

This is the make or break game. We have to win this otherwise we are completely screwed considering we have Liverpool away and Wolves as our last two.

Considering the way we have been this season we could lose this and still end up beating Pool and Wolves. 

paulw66   
18 minutes ago, Bison said:

Talk about hyperbole 

Rob B   
30 minutes ago, Bison said:

I’ll be as gutted as the next man if we lose today, but Wolves have lost their last two and we beat them 5-2 in the first game, and Liverpool are on the beach. 

We also need to consider that Leicester won’t pick up maximum points either - they play Sheff United themselves, along with Spurs and Man United. 

I’m expecting plenty more twists and turns yet. 

Bison   
33 minutes ago, chelboy said:

Considering the way we have been this season we could lose this and still end up beating Pool and Wolves. 

True but I'd much rather go into those game swith some breathing space.

26 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Talk about hyperbole 

You're not worried then? It's so tight.

12 minutes ago, Rob B said:

I’ll be as gutted as the next man if we lose today, but Wolves have lost their last two and we beat them 5-2 in the first game, and Liverpool are on the beach. 

We also need to consider that Leicester won’t pick up maximum points either - they play Sheff United themselves, along with Spurs and Man United. 

I’m expecting plenty more twists and turns yet. 

Lots to happen yes but dropped points today and I feel we're going to suffer right until the end.

paulw66   
22 minutes ago, Bison said:

You're not worried then? It's so tight.

It is tight. Doesn't mean we are "screwed" if we draw today. That's what I mean by hyperbole

4 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

Can you imagine him ending up at Juve?

First, Sarri goes there and wins the league and then Jorginho goes too. I mean how is it possible that either could end up at one of the biggest clubs on the planet? It can't be can it? How can that possibly happen when one is a clueless buffoon and the other the most useless midfielder the world has ever seen. No way either could possibly end up at one of Europe's elite.

Getting Sarri so wrong is one thing and I think most now quietly admit they did get him badly wrong but to get a player so, so wrong just because you got the manager wrong is on another level.

Except if you started of disliking Jorginho, this is great because you were never wrong and Lampard clearly rating him for 7 months was simply a blip, a learning curve.

2 hours ago, Bison said:

This is the make or break game. 

It's a 'make or keep fighting' game for me. Win, and I'm very confident we'll make it across the line given our fixtures and Leicester's. Draw or lose ... Not the end of the push, but not helpful.